Find your future role
Our Client is a leading engineering and maintenance provider, supporting customers across multiple industries, is seeking an experienced HSE Advisor.
Key skills required for this role
Our Client is a leading engineering and maintenance provider, supporting customers across the chemical & petrochemical, nuclear, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals & biopharma, power & energy, utilities, renewables and food & beverage markets. We enhance the efficiency of assets, ensuring a high level of availability and reducing maintenance costs.
This commitment is delivered by an experienced and highly competent workforce of over 4,500 employees operating from 14 offices in strategic industrial hubs, upholding the highest standards of safety, compliance and quality.
On-site HSE support for Our Client's HSE function ensuring that all elements of the Company HSE Management System are adhered to whilst promoting and developing a strong HSE culture by:
- Providing HSE support to specific operational sites ensuring that contractual HSE requirements and associated HSE Plans are effectively communicated and implemented, ensuring that contract and business HSE objectives are met
- Supporting preparation of required contractual HSE Documentation
- To provide support and guidance to those who act in CDM specific roles of Client, Principal Designer, Designer, Principal Contractor and Contractor as they affect construction projects undertaken by the organisation to ensure compliance with CDM 2015.
- Supporting on site incident investigations to ensure a root cause and preventative / corrective actions are identified and that all information is suitably collated within the Company Incident Management System - 'ACTIVE'
- Supporting effective follow up and close out of all corrective actions as a result of incidents, audits, inspections and observations.
- Promoting the use of B-UK proactive safety tools, such as PASTA, Safe Cards and Peer Audits and provide mentoring in the use of as required
- Conducting audits and inspections of various work processes as required
- Committed to continuous professional development through training, support and on site mentoring
- Disseminating HSE experience and knowledge within operational work sites
- Being a key on-site focal point for HSE, supporting operational team members, ensuring standards are maintained and best practice is applied
- Participating with Our Client's audits and inspections as required
- Engaging with and developing relationships with Client HSE teams and stakeholders on site
- Being an active and visible member of the HSE team by promoting Our Client's HSE processes and interacting with site personnel
- Supporting on-site Operational Management to enable them to take ownership and deliver HSE 'through the line'
- Identifying and communicating shortfalls or areas of improvement relating to Our Client's HSE governance to facilitate continual improvement
- To stop any operational process where unsafe working practices are being carried out and advise concerned personnel of the appropriate action
- To report on any deficiencies or urgent matters relating to HSE matters or potential breaches in legislation
- Identify and monitor issues, create new ideas and keep abreast of innovations in the industry to enable:
- Improvements to the products and services to be communicated to the Operational and HSE Managements teams for implementation
- Delivery of exceptional health, safety and environmental performance
- Routine Duties:
- Participate, review and assist with the development of Risk Assessments
- Ensure all hazardous substances used by Our Client are subject to a COSHH risk assessment and that the Company 'Sypol' system is maintained, understood and implemented
- Supporting and participating in emergency response planning and training exercises
- Being visible on-site and completing regular HSE inspections whilst engaging in safety conversations with the on-site personnel
- Deliver HSE mentoring / coaching as and when required
- Identifying problems / issues with PPE quality or use and ensuring this is fed back to the HSE Manager / Procurement Department for action
- Attendance at on-site HSE Meetings
- Ensuring leading / lagging information is collated and reported to allow for KPI / Performance reports to be generated
- Assisting with D&A testing processes as required
- Delivery of Company HSE Induction to new starters and refresher training to existing personnel where appropriate
- Ensuring Our Client's Policies are adhered to and reporting non-compliance to the on-site Management Team
- Reporting areas of concern or potential opportunities for improvement to the HSE Director / HSE Manager
- Delivering HSE briefings via TBT or similar as directed by the HSE Manager
- Conducting TBT briefings to on-site personnel as directed by the Operational and HSE Management Team
Experience & Qualifications
- Auditing / Inspection
- Incident Management & Investigation
- HSE Legislation
- CDM Regulations
- Management System Standards
- Industrial Services Sector
- Improvement Planning
- Coaching / Training Skills
- NEBOSH General Certificate (Essential)
- Member of IOSH (Tech / Graduate Status) - (Essential)
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate (Desirable)
- Environmental Qualification (Desirable)
- CDM/ Pre-construction H&S Qualification (Desirable)