Find your future role
Engineer - Highway Development Agreements
|Job type||Contract 12 months+|
Our client has a fantastic opportunity OUTSIDE IR35 for a HDA Engineer to join the busy HDA team and support with project delivery.
Key skills required for this role
highways, development, agreements, engineer, 278
Experience dealing with external developers and design checking
To provide technical support to the Section 278 and Section 38 audit and approval process and project manage the process from initial submission through to final adoption.
- To liaise with Developers at concept stage to help identify suitable solutions for junction arrangements and highway improvements associated with new developments. To check designs submitted by Developers to ensure the designs meet required design standards. Carry out site inspections to determine suitability of proposed works within the Highway.
- To establish agreed solutions with interested parties, which meet engineering and environmental considerations. To liaise and manage internal and external consultants, to ensure process targets are achieved. To help develop, improve and maintain management procedures for S278/S38 schemes within the Engineering Consultancy.
- To help monitor and review project fees to ensure suitable recovery of fees from Developers.
- Process, monitor and update Street Works Notices/Permits
- To check contract specifications for Developer construction works within the Highway. To ensure delivery of maintenance and improvement works to County Council standards, policies and procedures. To provide technical input throughout construction period. Undertake or assist with the inspection of construction works. Attend pre-start and progress meetings.
- To represent the County Council at meetings with the Developer, the Developer's Consultants and/or Contractors and at public meetings. To liaise with the Development Planning Client, internal/external consultants, general public and advise County Councillors as necessary. To prepare reports, as required.
- Improve and enhance current technical knowledge and professional development. Improve personal technical and managerial expertise in new methods and technology. To encourage engineers and technicians to pursue personal development through effective supervision and allocation of work.
Corporate and statutory initiatives - equalities/health and safety/e-government/ sustainability:
- Give due consideration to health and safety, equalities and sustainability in design solutions and working practices.