Find your future role
|Job type||Contract 12 Months|
Quality Inspector - 12 month contract - Barrow-in-Furness - £39.38 phr UMB or £29.96 phr PAYE (Inside IR35)
Key skills required for this role
QC, QA, Quality Inspector,
The role of the Quality Inspector is to undertake inspections of the product during build in accordance with the relevant inspection and test plans. We're looking for a competent Quality professional capable of working under their own initiative and providing guidance to more junior members of the Quality department within own capability and skill base areas. We need a member of the Quality team who escalates problems where required and someone to conduct Quality activities in accordance with the relevant processes and procedures and update where required
The domain areas include, but are not limited to: Dimensional Control, Electrical, Paint, Pipe/Mechanical, Radiography, Structural / Steelwork, Non-Destructive Examination (Weld Inspection), Receipt Inspection, Sheet Metalwork, Acoustic Tiling.
Not limited to...
- Responsible for conducting conditions management and customer walk-round audits.
- Undertake routine Quality inspection activities in their related area with no supervision.
- Undertake non-routine/complex activities in their related area with minimal supervision.
- Able to access, have a clear understanding of and apply the local Management System documentation e.g. policies, procedures, workmanship standards, risk assessments and COSHH assessments and processes and apply in their related area.
- Utilise calibrated measuring equipment to assess and measure tolerances of the product and record any non-conformances
Not limited too...
- Awareness of ISO 9001/ EN9100 standards.
- Good understanding of own discipline and end to end requirements within Quality Inspection.
- Knowledge of product safety requirements.
- Knowledge of the Programme Inspection and Test Plan and how it is implemented.
- The ability to use and train others in the use of technology and tools applicable to the discipline.
- The ability to interpret specifications, procedures and contract requirements.
- Effective stakeholder management.
- NC or HNC qualified in an appropriate technical discipline or equivalent experience: Tradal background - time served in trade discipline.
Security Clearance: SC
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You will need to obtain a BPSS check as part of this process. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC and you must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
This role is for UK EYES ONLY
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.