Find your future role
Highway Project Manager
|Job type||Contract 12-18 Months|
Our client has a fantastic long term contract opportunity for a Highways Project Manager to help deliver various junction improvement schemes.
Key skills required for this role
highway, project manager, NEC
Sufficient experience delivering Highway Improvement schemes
- Acting as Project Manager on junction improvement schemes, ensuring works are completed on time and within budget
- Managing and liaising with the design consultant and contractors
- Develop a collaborative programme and ensure that all parties achieve the deadlines that are set
The project is to improve four junctions adjacent to the proposed residential development to increase capacity and traffic flow to mitigate against the anticipated increase in vehicular movements in the area.
Provide Project Engineering Services as per the bullet points below to ensure that the junction improvement schemes are completed by 31 March 2025, and that the works are to the agreed budget. Staff providing the Project Engineering Services are to work the equivalent of one person working on average 40 hours per week until 31 March 2025.
The Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Providing regular updates to Ward Members via presentations and briefing notes
- Preparation of plans and applications for legal agreements such as: TTRO's, and TRO's
- Managing the design consultant/NEC Project Manager and Site Supervisor (who will be appointed through a competitive tender), throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Validating detailed design drawings
- Undertake the role of quantity surveyor throughout the duration of the project, including management of compensation events and reviewing of contractor's valuations and invoices.
- Update and maintain a comprehensive file of purchase orders, invoices and cost estimates
- Complete monthly dashboard progress documents and report to KMBC senior management on a regular basis
- Compile claim forms to allow the client to recoup money associated with the scheme
- Providing sufficient communication to residents, bus operators, emergency services and other stakeholders regarding the scheme throughout the duration of the scheme,
- Liaise with utility companies to ensure that any diversion requirements are undertaken in a timely manner so they do not compromise the delivery of the scheme
- Produce, maintain and keep up to date a detailed risk register
Hybrid 2/3 days
Duration 12-18 mths