Find your future role
Our client are looking for talented Project Managers to work in Guildford, and with a hybrid working approach, you'll be challenged but able to maintain a healthy work life balance with full and part-time opportunities available now.
Key skills required for this role
Project Manager infrastructure highways transport
Project Management / Project Manager / Infrastructure / Highways
Project Managers typically lead major transport schemes with a value between £25m and £200m.
You might also find yourself working as part of a wider project management team supporting a Senior Project Manager on one of the much larger projects.
Project Managers ensure they deliver schemes to time, cost and quality.
Project activities include managing the performance of multiple contracting partners, managing external stakeholder relationships, ensuring adherence to effective governance, quality assurance, health and safety, technical and specialist standards to achieve the agreed outcomes.
Project Managers have the opportunity to gain unique experience of capital infrastructure projects from the client perspective (changing the way that infrastructure is delivered in England), as well as making a difference in the community, delivering social value through both, people and the environment.
You will play an intrinsic part in helping to implement the delivery of net zero carbon on projects, and your projects will directly improve safety on the roads to reduce accidents and deaths on motorways.
As a project management professional you will be offered excellent professional development opportunities, spanning formal project management qualifications, health and safety, and NEC4 contract management, all whilst working with a positive, inclusive and collaborative working culture, with a strong wellbeing focus.
What you'll be leading on
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with all internal and external stakeholders, to ensure full mutual understanding of the project's strategic and delivery objectives, to report on and review project performance, and to agree on solutions that resolve complex issues.
- Design, agree and implement project plans, to ensure that all activities are appropriately organised to deliver project objectives, and are appropriately resourced to deliver the required outcomes.
- Ensure the feasibility, design, and assessment work for proposed projectsis produced effectively by our supply chain to inform the development of business cases and investment proposals.
- Contribute to the development of robust business cases, clarify business benefits, quantify resource requirements, and identify project interdependencies.
- Identify and evaluate emerging risks, issues, dependencies, and constraints associated with the project, escalating where appropriate. Where necessary develop, agree, and implement solutions to overcome these.
- Commission and manage the performance of delivery partners and expert consultancy support as appropriate, ensuring that project objectives and requirements are clearly understood, setting clear expectations for health and safety management, time, and cost; and taking appropriate remedial action where necessary.
To be successful you'll need
- Experience of successfully leading the delivery of complex or high-profile capital infrastructure projects.
- Experience of managing complex relationships with multiple stakeholders and evidence of skills to influence relationships for positive outcomes.
- Experience in managing business and/or value management cases for new projects through company-defined governance, review, and approval gates.
- Solid experience of leading the health and safety of project teams in scheme development and in a construction environment.
- Demonstrate experience as a mentor and/or coach to develop project management talent, skills, and competence within a complex project environment.