Find your future role
Electronics Production Technician
|Job type||Contract 4 Months|
An exciting contract opportunity to join a superb F1 client. Electrical Build Technician. Proven Wiring and Harness experience, on-car wirin and loom building. Must have MIL-Spec F1 connector and System 25 experience.
Key skills required for this role
F1, Harness, Wiring, Looms, Build, Technician,
F1, Wiring, Harness, Loom building, System 25
This role is Inside IR35
The Electronics Technician will be responsible for the manufacture, maintenance and testing of PCBs, harnesses, sensors and assemblies. The role will also include supporting factory car builds for events and working closely with the factory production and design groups to support builds, development tests and projects
The main areas of responsibility are:-
- Manufacture, Service and repair of all on and off car sensors, harnesses, assemblies to an extremely high standard.
- System 25 Standards
- PCB assembly, modification, programming and testing to IP-610 standards.
- Play an active role in Electronics fault investigations, permanent rectifications and temporary solutions to improve reliability.
- The inspection and sign off for completed electronic parts and assemblies.
- Working closely with various car build areas pre and post event ensuring parts are progressed through electronics department and delivered as per the build schedule.
- Work closely with the Production group leader to ensure assigned tasks are completed thoroughly and on time in accordance with the build schedule.
- Promote good teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Work closely with design to provide feedback to improve manufacturing drawing quality.
- Provide input into the creation and maintenance of build standard documentation to promote consistent build quality.
- Help to promote a good safe working environment within the factory workshop, ensuring components, tooling and equipment are in good working order and stored correctly. Always follow and enforce health & safety regulations.
SKILLS (Core, Management and Technical)
- Has experience in using MIL-Spec F1 connectors, boots, coverings and protection.
- Experience in PCB assembly, modification and testing.
- High level of experience in manufacturing techniques within F1 production
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to work and prioritise within a high pressure, time sensitive environment
Desirable skills :-
- Component lifing System experience
- Able to use Power supplies, Multi-meters and testing equipment.
- Basic understanding of sensor technology and Electronics systems used in F1.