Find your future role
Test Development Engineer
Seeking an Engineer to join the development team on a complex Automatic Test Equipment system within Air Division of the Customer Support Services Solutions (CS3).
Key skills required for this role
Defence, CVI, C/C++/C#, LF/Digital, RF/uW, Hardware Integration, Electrical Engineer, Test Engineer, Physics
Position subject to security clearance and proof of 5-year UK residency.
You will be required to work within a multi-disciplined engineering team in the delivery of technical solutions for the project.
The successful candidate will be involved in a wide variety of engineering activities including, but not limited to, involvement with the design and development of solutions for Automatic Test Equipment systems, integration testing, qualification, certification and customer acceptance. This will involve liaison with internal/external customers, other functions within the Integrated Project Team (IPT) and engineering sub-contractors.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Hardware and software integration of test programs
- Development and deployment of test programs
- Design of systems, interfaces and cable assemblies
- Liaison with IPT functions.
- Support to production
- Liaison with external customer
Skills / Knowledge / Qualifications / Personal attributes
Essential Technical Skills
- HND or Degree educated (or suitable experience) in a science based subject e.g. Electronic Engineering, Physics.
- Integration experience using software languages such as CVI, C, C++,C#
- Integration experience in a NI Test Stand environment
- LF/Digital and / or RF/uW hardware integration experience
- Offsite / Overseas test integration experience
- Working on own initiative
- Good team playe
Desirable Technical Skills
- Hands on experience of hardware design process.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Knowledge of Product safety legislation
Demonstrate the following:
- Takes personal ownership and responsibility for their work
- Ability to remain focussed
- Team working skills
- Ability to multitask across different product domains and to prioritise
- Creative problem solving ability
- Strong communication skill
- This is an Edinburgh factory based role using ATE systems however the successful candidate may also have to visit customers in other parts of the UK and abroad.
- The successful candidate will be expected to work full time hours and shift patterns in a flexible and demanding environment.
- The nature of the Engineering projects means that any candidate being considered for the position must:
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Have SC security clearance
- Have a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK
- Have the clearance to see caveated information such as UK eyes only and ITAR