Find your future role
At Leonardo, we are looking for Senior Configuration Engineers to join our team. Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
Key skills required for this role
Defence, Configuration, Configuration Engineer, radars, lasers, infra-red countermeasure systems, PDM/PLM, MRP Supply, CM2, MRP
Position subject to security clearance and proof of 5-year UK residency.
The Radar and Advanced Targeting line of business, based in Edinburgh, is uniquely positioned as one of the world's top manufacturers of radars, lasers, and infra-red countermeasure systems.
Your information and configuration management skills will be used across the full product lifecycle: from requirements analysis; through design, procurement, and manufacturing; to delivery to the customer and onwards into in-service support.
What will you do?
As a Senior Configuration Engineer, you will operate in both Change Specialist 1 and 2 domains:
- Managing the processing of Problem Reports from initiation to final disposition - minimise time to disposition
- Managing Trials Modifications to support Problem Report investigations - ensuring results of trials are captured
- Managing the processing of Change Requests from initiation to final disposition - minimise time to CRB disposition
- Collating the Change Impact assessments from TRB (Technical Review)
- Supporting the Change initiator and TRB through consultation
- Fast-track if fast track criteria are met and route Change as Fast-Track
- Preparing agenda, calling and chairing the CRB (Business Review of change)
- Setting POE (Point Of Embodiment) & Priority
- Determining Change Classification
- Implementation of Planning and coordination into both the design and physical product
- Continuous Improvement activities
What are we ideally looking for?
- HND-qualified or equivalent experience
- Interest in engineering or science - you will work with technical data from many areas.
- Strong administration skills with an attention to detail - you are required to have a logical mindset
- Familiarity with Databases, especially PDM/PLM Toolsets or Information Systems and Data Communication - Confident use of the Microsoft Office suite of applications
- MRP Supply and Demand Planning awareness a distinct advantage
- CM2 Methodology
What we can offer you:
Flexible working: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life through flexible hours and part-time options.
Custom working: The role may be a mixture of home-based and onsite.
Flexible benefits: Our company-funded approach to flexible benefits allows employees to make choices appropriate for them. Each employee has access to a wide choice of lifestyle, health, and well-being options best suited to their individual lifestyle goals.
Network groups: To demonstrate our ongoing commitment to diversity & inclusion we have network groups for Carers (employees who care for someone who is either older, disabled, or seriously ill)
- Enable (supporting people with disabilities)
- Equalise (development of a gender-balanced workforce)
- Pride (promoting equality for all LGBTQ+ individuals)
- We also work in partnership with AFBE (Association for Black and Minority Ethnic Engineers).
Training: Free access to Coursera which provides more than 4,000 online courses.
Continuous Learning: You will be supported in your ongoing professional development through training and mentoring.
Investors in People: We are proud recipients of the Investors in People Silver Award
Employee Assistance Programme: Providing free and confidential mental health support.
Annual leave: We offer 25 days of holiday, plus 8 bank holidays and 12 flexi days.
You must be eligible for full Security Clearance (SC).You will require access to caveated information such as UK eyes only and controlled information such as ITAR.