Find your future role
Senior Bridge Engineer - Oxford - Excellent salary
|Benefits||Full benefits package|
Our Oxford based Client seeks an experienced Bridge Engineer to join their design team working on a challenging range asset maintenance and new build projects throughtout the County
Key skills required for this role
Senior Bridge Engineer (Structures) - Excellent salaries on offer - Oxford
Our client is a key Engineering specialist providing Design and Construction expertise across the highways, water, energy, and telecommunications sector. Working in partnership with Oxfordshire County Council they are looking to grow their Design team and are seeking an experienced Structural Engineer to work on a range of Bridge projects throughout the County.
As a Senior Bridge Engineer you will play an important role in an already established team of Structural engineers and technicians tasked with designing and delivering a range of bridge projects and functions to maintain this vital asset, in line with agreed budgets and programmes.
The Oxfordshire Highways contract is an integrated contract delivering a range of services in partnership with Oxfordshire County Council. Oxfordshire County Council maintains over 1000 structures, many of them with historic interest and key significance in the transport network, providing a varied and challenging workload. Some structures date back to the 12th Century and there are more River Thames crossings than in any other county.
Our client has recently increased their capital spend on highway structures, resulting in an increased workload for the team. The team's workload is highly varied and includes principal inspections, structural assessments, feasibility studies and investigations, design and delivery of strengthening, repair and replacement schemes; technical advice and support to our client, close liaison with other contract teams and stakeholders to deliver schemes. We also have a successful early careers programme, so require experienced engineers who can mentor and inspire our young and talented graduate and apprentice engineers.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Lead the preparation of designs for a wide variety of bridge replacement, strengthening and maintenance schemes in close collaboration with our client to identify and meet the project objectives.
- Work closely with project managers, our commercial and construction teams to plan and implement these schemes from 'start to finish' within budget and to programme, and in compliance with quality, safety and environmental objectives, including liaison with internal and external stakeholders.
- Line manage and/or mentor some staff within the team, ensuring work is planned and undertaken safely and efficiently.
- Assist in other structures asset management activities such as principal and special inspections, structural assessments, maintenance prioritisation, and sub-standard structures reviews.
- Work closely with project managers and other local team members to provide technical support to a variety of highway and transport schemes.
- Assist in the training and development of our trainee and graduate engineers.
Qualifications / desired experience deemed necessary for the role:
- Substantial experience in highway structures inspection, maintenance, design, asset management and construction.
- Experience of working collaboratively with clients, contractors, stakeholders and multidisciplinary design teams.
- Good working knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges/Specification for Highway Works/Eurocodes relating to the design and maintenance of highway structures.
- Experience of mentoring bridge design staff.
- Proficient in the use of structural analysis & design software (e.g. LUSAS, TEDDS, RING & AutoCAD).
- A relevant Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or equivalent professional qualification.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player with a 'can do' approach.
What makes this role special:
In this role our client is based at County Hall in Oxford City Centre, co-located with their client, which enables them to offer a true partnership setup.
Their workplace offers a real vibrant and dynamic feel, situated in the heart of the city, with excellent connections to public transport including the nearby main train station and a first class park and ride facility.
They can also offer a hybrid working arrangement which allows face to face interaction with your colleagues for part of the week, combined with home working, seeking to create the ideal work life balance for all parties.
They are offering a very competitive package, with 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays), car and fuel card/car allowance, general pension, professional fees paid, and further benefits.
This all helps creates an excellent opportunity to join an organisation who are really proud of their sustainable and environmental credentials and embracing these in the engineering solutions they create.
As a business they have numerous industry accolades, including the Environmental Sustainability and Special Merit Award at The Highways Awards and are proud to be using this mindset to help them constantly evolve and meet the ambitions of theirs clients across the UK: an example being the world's first carbon negative highways infrastructure project
How to Apply or for more Information
Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
Call Chris Jones directly on 01489 873422