Find your future role
|Location||New Malden, England|
Our client are seeking software engineers to join them in the development of next generation systems for Royal Navy submarines.
Key skills required for this role
Embedded Software, C/C++
Software development experience ideally in the defence sector or simillar
What you'll be doing:
- Conducting investigation of system wide issues, raising of observation reports for defects, and coding and testing the changes.
- Prototyping and development of new software functionality to address the needs of the Royal Navy's submarine fleet.
- Hands on software development
- Undertaking installation of new builds & operating environments.
- Supporting planning & coordination of target testing on kit.
- Supporting the Desktop Development Environment for testing.
- Conducting investigation of defects as required and support of defect clearance and release acceptance process.
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of integrating software-intensive, complex real-time embedded systems.
- Programming background using C++ / C# or Ada (or similar).
- Able to apply past experience to support the understanding and investigation of new issues.
- Familiar with Windows Operating System (Client & Server) functionality and virtualisation technologies.
- Ability to methodically investigate a symptom to understand and isolate the root cause.
- Experience of interacting with engineers across multiple disciplines e.g., hardware, software & systems.
- Experience of delivering systems, working to deadlines and working in a pressurised environment.
- Experience working in software development, engineering or defence would be an advantage