Find your future role
Senior Commercial Manager - Rail - OUTSIDE IR35
Senior Quantity Surveyor / Senior Commercial Manager with rail experience required for a contract opportunity based in Birmingham. This is an outside IR35 role with hybrid working available
Key skills required for this role
Quantity Surveying, Rail
Quantity Surveying, Rail
Senior Quantity Surveyor / Senior Commercial Manager with rail experience required for a contract opportunity based in Birmingham. This is a hybrid working role which will require the successful candidate to work 3 days a week in the client's offices and the rest from home. The role has been determined as outside IR35.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor / Senior Commercial Manager you will be responsible for the commercial management of a portfolio of large complex rail construction projects.
- Providing accurate commercial and cost management advice and reporting to clients
- Leading or supporting the successful delivery of projects, and commissions
- Setting objectives and priorities whether working independently or as a proactive team player
- Effective communication to ensure all information is available for the successful completion of projects/commissions; liaising with other managers to ensure efficient financial control
- Undertaking service delivery with minimal supervision and guidance
- Delivering all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
- Providing commercial management support to the broader project team
- Developing strong collaborative relationships with client and clients' supply chain staff that will support the achievement of project goals
- Negotiating and corresponding with clients
- Representing the company in a professional and diligent manner
- Resolution of construction contract disputes
- Undertake key audits and provide measured and considered findings
- Management and development of teams
To be considered for the role candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- Membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree level.
- Experience of large and complex construction projects.
- Knowledge of railway and construction industry conditions of contract.
- Knowledge of railway commercial contract management.
- Experienced in the management of commercial teams.
- Familiarity with Network Rail systems, protocols and internal requirements and procedures, and compliance with HM Treasury
- Able to undertake key Audit function and provide measured and considered findings.
For more information please contact Oli or just simply apply online.