Find your future role
Aircraft Fitter - Electrical
|Job type||Contract 6 Months|
Our client, a Aeropsace and Defence supplier is looking for 14x Avonics/Electrical Fitters to join them on a contract basis at their site in Broughton.
Key skills required for this role
Avionics, Electrical, Aircraft Fitter, Aeropsace
Avionics / Electrical Fitter
Avionics/Electrical Aircraft Fitters X14
Duration: 6 months, likely to be 12-14 months overall
Shifts: 06:00-14:00 / 14:00-22:00
Important information - UK eyes only. Security Clearance will also be required.
Summary of Role:
The Electrical Fitter is required to support the Manufacturing, Modification, Maintenance, Installation and Test of aircraft as per aircraft schedule in accordance with Maintenance Manuals and Technical Drawings to achieve aircraft airworthiness whilst following all processes and procedures set to ensure regulatory compliance. This is to be performed with adherence to all Health and Safety requirements.
The nominated candidate will have experience of working both individually and in a cross functional team environment under time and resource pressures to achieve deadlines and meet objectives.
This role will be working on an Aircraft refit in Broughton.
- The applicant must be able to show competence and specialised knowledge in aircraft maintenance, modification, system integration and test.
- The position requires the ability to respond to AOG operating problems or malfunctions in accordance with the relevant maintenance manuals. Ability to problem solve, trouble shoot and find root cause to prevent schedule impacts.
- The position requires the ability to repair, adjust and maintain aircraft systems to ensure system reliability and adherence to the specifications identified by the OEM.
- The position requires the ability to navigate aircraft maintenance manuals, IPCs, EMMs and wiring diagrams to implement inspections and maintenance processes to ensure the optimal performance of the aircraft, its systems, and its functions.
- The position also requires the ability to perform maintenance to an established maintenance program as detailed by the Part M in the form of a work order.
- The position requires competence in the assembly of electrical and electronic parts, materials, hardware, use of calibrated tooling, wiring harnesses, components and sub-assemblies for the manufacture and modification of electrical, electronic, electro magnetic equipment, equipment rack, instrument consoles for integration into existing aircraft systems.
- This position requires competence in the mounting, installation, bonding and testing of various electrical, electronic, and electro-mechanical systems used in the modification of any type of aircraft.
- This position requires the competence to install prefabricated parts and assemblies to assist in the final installation of electrical and avionic components.
- This position requires the competence to perform electrical/electro-mechanical system operational checks, trouble shoot and correct malfunctions and may, if certified and under supervision, be requested to perform engine runs and ensure that the aircraft is flightworthy.
- Has the ability to work, mainly un-supervised, from technical drawings, aircraft manufacturer's manuals, written or verbal instructions and retrieves production data directly from computer systems.
- Demonstrates a knowledge and understanding of BMS, including regulatory expositions, organisational procedures, and specifications in accordance with job requirements.
- Follows Health & Safety practices and contributes to the safe working environment of the Aircraft Modification Centre.
City & Guilds Electrical Certificate/NVQ Level 3 and/or completion of approved base training.
Electrical experience at flight test/system function level with some familiarity with trouble shooting on system faults.
To express your interest please click apply or call Megan on 01489 873416 for more information!