Find your future role
Senior Part-Time Software Engineer
At Leonardo, we are looking for Senior Part-Time Software Engineers to join our growing Software community. We are keen to talk to engineers who can commit to anywhere between 16 and 32 hours a week and happy to agree a schedule that works for you!
Key skills required for this role
Software, Embedded, Real Time, VxWorks, Embedded Linux, MIRSA, C, C#, C++
Position subject to security clearance and proof of 5-year UK residency.
What you'll do as a Senior Part-Time Software Engineer:
- Develop embedded software, using RTOSs such as VxWorks or embedded Linux
- Deploy software to multi-core or distributed hardware platforms
- Work alongside firmware and hardware engineers to develop working embedded solutions
- Use C++ and other scripting languages
- Work to airborne software design standard RTCA 178C and coding standards such as MISRA C/C++
What we need from you is applied knowledge and industry experience in:
- Full software lifecycle including: Requirements Management, Design, Implementation, Test and Integration
- UML and C++
- OOD (Object Oriented Design) techniques
- Working and delivering software using agile techniques such as Scrum, and tooling such as Jira / Confluence / Bitbucket / GItlab
Demonstrable experience in the following areas will help you stand out:
- Matlab Simulink, Rhapsody, DOORS, Dimensions or similar tools
You must be eligible for full security clearance.
Life at Leonardo
With a company funded benefits package, a commitment to learning and development, and a flexible approach to working hours focused on the needs of both our employees and customers, a career with Leonardo has never offered as many opportunities or been more accessible to as many people.
- Flexible Working: Flexible hours with hybrid working options. For part time opportunities, please talk to us
- Company funded flexible benefits: Access to private healthcare, dental schemes, Workplace ISA, Go Green Car Scheme, technology and lifestyle options (£500 annual allowance)
- Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays, option to buy/sell leave and to accrue up to 12 additional flexi leave days per year
- Pension: Award winning pension scheme (up to 10% employer contribution)
- Wellbeing: Employee Assistance Programme with access to free mental health support, financial wellbeing support and network groups to demonstrate our ongoing commitment to diversity & inclusion (Enable, Pride, Equalise, Reservists, Carers)
- Lifestyle: Discounted Gym membership, Cycle to work scheme
- Training: Free access to more than 4000 online courses via Coursera
- Referral Incentive: You can earn a reward for successfully referring a friend or family member
- Bonus: Scheme in place for all employees at management level and below
For a full list of our Company benefits please visit our website.
Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
Headquartered in Italy, Leonardo has over 45,000 employees, of which 8,000 are based at 8 sites throughout the UK.
At Leonardo UK, we believe that a diverse and inclusive work environment unlocks our people's full potential and drives innovation and creativity. We work hard to offer a welcoming, accessible and inclusive place to work for all of our people, creating a culture where everyone can thrive, feel safe and have a sense of belonging and connection.
This is a great opportunity to bring your talents and form an integral part of Leonardo's future. We can help you develop your skills and offer great opportunities to develop and grow, so why not join us.