Find your future role
Our client based in Chandlers Ford requires an experience CNC Miller Programmer/operator to join their team
Key skills required for this role
CNC, Milling, miller
CNC, milling, Miller
To Programme/Set & operate all required machinery for the manufacturing of precision engineered components, following company operating and quality procedures, within the times allocated. The machinist will be working in a low volume, high value environment therefore quality and attention to detail will be paramount. Must have previous Programming experience. Knowledge of Heidenhain is essential.
- To produce high quality components to the drawings, specifications, and tolerances provided.
- Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a conversational computer numerical control (CNC) machine.
- To operate efficiently on any of the machines to the required times.
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines.
- Determine the fixtures, attachments and tools necessary to complete jobs according to specifications.
- To report to the Internal Supply Chain Manager any drawings that exceeds the working parameters of your machine.
- To self-inspect all work that you have carried out on a component in accordance with the quality procedure.
- Responsible for reporting any quality failures to the Internal Supply Chain Manager.
- Responsible for reporting any problems related to the operation of the machines to the Internal Supply Chain Manager.
- To ensure the machine is regularly maintain following the department maintenance schedule.
- Recommend drawings changes that could result in better efficiency and quality of components.
- Continually evaluate machine cutters and technology to improve cycle times.
- Create specific machine set-ups for all components.
- Required to participate in and encourage team working culture throughout the department. (The department encompasses Inspection, Machining, Goods inwards and Dispatches)
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- To provide cover for other machine operators and departmental roles.
Hours of work
07:00 AM - 16:30 PM Monday to Thursday & Friday 07:00 - 13:00
Salary £16.50 per hour