Find your future role
|Salary||£300 - £350/day|
|Job type||Contract 12 Months|
Our client NATS (National Air Traffic Services) are looking for a PMO Co-Ordinator to join their team on a contract basis
Key skills required for this role
PMO, SAP, Project Coordination
Location: Whiteley (1-2 days per week on site, average)
Duration: 12 month contract
Rate: £300-£350 p/day UMB (Inside IR35)
The PMO Programme Co-ordinator works with the PMO Manager by driving efficiencies and process enhancements, providing accurate and timely management information to enable successful delivery through process improvements, planning, execution, communication and evaluation.
- Support the PMO through the line & task management of the Programme Support Team by driving team efficiencies; streamlining ways of operation; enabling projects and programmes to be more aligned in MI Production, Governance Reporting, and Risk Management.
- Ensure that processes are followed to deliver a portfolio of projects to time, cost and quality.
- Have a key role in driving continuous improvement initiatives for tooling and process efficiencies and enhancements.
- Drive and embed Programme Governance within programmes and projects by:
- Assuring appropriate slide content is presented to the relevant forums
- Identifying escalations and driving effective progression
- Challenging and producing Programme Board Content
- Analysing schedules to ensure dependencies are understood and represented appropriately
- Producing meeting output
- Identify efficiencies through process enhancements, planning, execution, communication and evaluation;
- Conduct Risk and Opportunity Management to enable effective MI Reporting and allowing Project and Programme Managers to focus on delivery
- Proactively challenge and influence thinking amongst the PMO Managers and Programme Managers.
- Develop and manage the production of programme and project metrics and reports identifying gaps and offering solutions.
- Ensure effective communication arrangements are established and remain effective, in order to engage and inform all internal and external stakeholders via the Governance Forums.
- Manage efficient use of PMO Governance tools.
- Facilitate workshops when required e.g., Risk, Cost and Scope Tracks Management Information (Dependencies, PCRs, Risks, Issues, Actions etc) throughout Programmes, and escalate where appropriate to Governance Forums.
- Manage the PMO Hub and CoE and PMO New Starter process Manages the Programme Support Team by Driving team efficiencies
- Streamlining ways of operation, enabling projects and programmes to be more aligned in MI Production, Governance Reporting, Risk Management and document control etc.
- Manages the Programme Configuration Management Process
The team offers customised training and guidance around process and tooling, as well as ensuring effective engagement and communication across varied stakeholder and customer bases for new products and services.
What we are looking for in you:
- Experience of Microsoft Project, SAP or other recognised planning tool.
- Expert knowledge of the programme management environment.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of programme management methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills with a logical and structured approach to work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with confidence & credibility to persuade and influence staff at all levels.
- Confident to challenge and be challenged.
- Effective communication skills both verbal & written, including report writing and the ability to develop governance packs.
- Must demonstrate a proactive approach to supporting appropriate stakeholders across Technical Services. SD&T.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of a PPM tool and other Office tools e.g. O365 and Sharepoint etc
- Business degree or relevant experience within project delivery environment or ATC / technical background.
- Holds a recognised Project Professional qualification or is working towards completing a project professional qualification
- In-depth understanding of principles of Activity Management
- An understanding of associated procedures such as: Risk Management, project finance, Earned Value, Critical Path Analysis and settlement to fixed assets