Find your future role
Mechanical Design engineer
Senior Mechanical engineer Working within the Cargo and Vehicle Inspection section involved in projects at all stages of the product lifecycle, from initial concept generation, new product introduction and continuous improvement in manufacture
Key skills required for this role
Mechanical, Design, Solidworks, Manufacture, Fabrication, Sheet metal works, Machined Components, BOM,
Mechanical, Design, Solidworks, Manufacture, Fabrication, Sheet metal works, Machined Components, BOM
Job Title: Mechanical design Engineer
Work Location: UK-Stoke-on-Trent
MUST BE A BRITISH PASSPORT HOLDER DUE TO ONGOING WORK AROUND M.O.D AND MILITARY PROJECTS. SECURITY CLEARANCE AND DBS CHECKS ARE REQUIRED!
Our Client is an industry leader in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints to help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration, and trade fraud. We offer a broad array of scanning system configurations that leverage low, medium, and high-energy X-ray technology-or multiple X-ray technologies-to address each customer's unique security application requirements. Our commitment to excellence in imaging performance, innovative design, and uncompromising quality ensures our solutions consistently deliver best-in-class imaging, high reliability, and operator satisfaction, to help customers find threats and contraband with ease and confidence
Working within the Cargo and Vehicle Inspection section of the Engineering team. As part of our team, you will be involved in projects at all stages of the product lifecycle, from initial concept generation, new product introduction and continuous improvement in manufacture. You will be expected to produce design concepts and designs for complex scanning solutions including general assembly drawings, fabricated structures, sheet metalwork, machined components and hydraulic systems.
- Producing designs of a variety of engineering structures including fabricated structures, sheet metalwork and machined components.
- Producing general arrangement and assembly drawings/instructions as required.
- Responsibility for bills of materials to support assemblies.
- Responsible for ensuring that mechanical designs include support for electrical and other system components.
- To work within the engineering design framework including participation in engineering design reviews, new project kick-off meetings and customer meetings as required.
- Responsible for design sign-off to the manufacturing group and process Engineering Change Requests (ECR's)and Engineering Change Orders (ECO's) through the document control system.
- HNC or higher in mechanical engineering is preferred although equivalent industrial experience will be considered.
- SolidWorks design experience is essential, with a proven track record in the design of fabrications, sheet metalwork and machined components
- Strong background in the creation of new design concepts for heavily fabricated products.
- Understanding of skills required to develop complex electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and cross functionally with excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to give and take instruction.
- Experience of design for manufacture, with a background in a production would be beneficial.
- The ability to work with other design packages such as Autodesk Inventor would be beneficial