Find your future role
🖥 DevOps Engineer
🏢 Permanent Opportunity
🏡 Based in Bristol, Stevenage
Key skills required for this role
DevOps Engineer, Software, CI/CD systems,
DevOps Engineer, Software, CI/CD systems
The company are a a multi-national group, being No 1 in Europe for what they do! With a number of awards and recognitions, with great career progression and opportunities across the business!
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance, and as a minimum be living in the UK 5 years. .
Working: Flexible working hours and some remote working potentials where possible.
It's no wonder, they have been among the winners of the annual Glassdoor Employees' Choice Awards, 2022, and most recently receiving three accreditation gold standard awards with Investors in People!
"Interesting work. Good work-life balance. Employees made to feel valued." Software Engineer, 5 Dec 2022. *Glassdoor review.
"Promotes and believes in a good work/life balance Interesting work on most programmes Encourages internal mobility. Offers good development/training opportunities" Principal Systems Engineer, 19 Dec 2022. *Glassdoor review.
We are seeking a highly capable and adaptable DevOps engineer to join our Software Capability Team. A fantastic opportunity to be part of a team that is starting an exciting phase of redefining the way we develop and deliver software, putting our engineers at the heart of this transformation.
This is a hands-on role and will play an integral part in our DevOps journey across the whole of the UK Software Group. We are looking for an individual to help transition our teams to a DevOps way of working. This will give an opportunity to work with a wide variety of teams and projects.
- A skilled DevOps engineer looking for a new challenge.
- Good hands on understanding of industry leading DevOps tools and techniques.
- The ability to articulate, promote and implement the 'why' DevOps is important to modern development teams.
- Experience working in a software development team using DevOps tooling and cultural practices.
- An understanding of what it takes to transition software development teams to DevOps tool stack and cultural practices.
- Your ability to articulate the benefits of key software craftsmanship practices like unit testing and good design.
- Experience with modern CI/CD systems - preferably one of Gitlab CI, Github Actions, or Drone.
- Previous experience working with containerisation.
- Experience teaching, mentoring, coaching in a technical capacity.
- Basic knowledge of how to build C/C++, Java, Ada
- An understanding of containerisation and Virtualisation orchestration using tools.
For full information, please get in touch: stephen.highfield- - 01489 882 545
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.