Find your future role
- Our client is looking for a NRSWA Inspector/Network Officer to join a busy team on a contract basis starting soon.
Key skills required for this role
NRSWA Inspector/Street Works Inspector
NRSWA/Street Works Inspection/Permit Experience
2 x NRSWA/Street Works Inspectors Wanted
As a member of the Network Management team this post is directly responsible for :
- Assisting in the application of the New Roads and Streetworks Act 1991 (NRSWA) as amended by the Traffic Management Act 2004 (TMA) and the South East Permit Scheme (SEPS) within Slough
- Co-ordinating and monitoring street and road works ensuring the safe and efficient movement of traffic on the Slough Borough Council (SBC) and neighbouring highway networks with particular emphasis on the administrative aspects of the SEPS
- Assisting in the enforcement of highway law.
- Managing financial and technical records required in the operation and reporting of the Permit scheme.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
- To provide administrative and coordination services to facilitate greater control of all works activities on the road network to minimise disruption, and to help maintain the expeditious movement of traffic on the network.
- To ensure compliance with network / streetworks legislation and codes of practice.
- To manage the collection and collation of technical and financial data relating to highway / network activity.
- To ensure that all applicable income is collected in order to maintain a 'cost neutral scheme.
To ensure that the Council discharges its legal duties in relation to the requirements imposed by the TMA, NRSWA and SEPS in respect of management of the highway network.
To assist in the coordination of works and activities on the highway network and to liaise with the Statutory Undertakers, internal works promoters, the public, elected members, the Police, and all other relevant organisations concerning highway works and events, and to deal with any related correspondence.
To assess permit applications and to grant, refuse or seek modifications to permits. Also to monitor compliance via the inspection process and to issue Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs) or recommend prosecution where appropriate.
To maintain accurate and comprehensive financial records relating to the operation of the SEPS, including Permit fees, Fixed Penalty Notice charges and any other related fees.
To demonstrate a pro-active approach to include awareness and examples of technical / procedural problems and to provide recommendations for improving and enhancing operations.
To give direction and advice to colleagues, including temporary or new staff, and to ensure operational procedures and specified standards are maintained.
To issue invoices for all relevant fees and charges and to monitor payments, liaising with all appropriate parties.
To identify any opportunities for income generation where appropriate to the Permit scheme.
To develop and maintain filing systems, computerised systems and information required to compile statistics, reports or other relevant material as may be reasonably required.
To manage the processing of licence applications, including the assessment of the relevant circumstances and the issuing of the licences, and to assist in the planning, control and coordination of proposed activities.
To assist in the reporting of failures of statutory undertaker apparatus or highway assets and to report such failures to the relevant parties and to follow up until remedied.
To assist in procuring remedial action from the term maintenance contractor, as a consequence of dangerous failures.
To respond efficiently and courteously to the needs of all services users, including contact in person, by telephone, and through all forms of correspondence. To provide technical advice where appropriate and to maintain an overall excellent standard of service.
- 37 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Weekly Pay
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Callum Laycock directly on 07901964657
- Email your CV to
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.