Find your future role
If you have knowledge and skills within bridge / highway structures renewals, design, and assessments then this could be a great opportunity to develop your career.
Key skills required for this role
bridge engineer highway structures structural
Bridge Engineering, design, maintenance
We have exciting opportunities for Structures Engineers to join teams based in Bedford or Cambridge.
As part of this role, the successful candidate will undertake, identify asset needs, and development treatment options and undertake preliminary design work, or undertake structural reviews and assessment works for the asset class in scope.
This role will be worked on a hybrid basis and may be required to visit sites to undertake, or oversee, inspections; holding a full UK driving license is therefore highly desirable for this position.
What you'll be leading on
- Identify, prepare survey briefs, and support delivery of structures survey works that support the improvement, assessments and/or renewal of structures assets.
- Monitor the delivery of agreed assessment work liaising with technical partners; or the delivery of treatment options, liaising with the relevant delivery teams to aid successful delivery of schemes.
- Develop early solutions for improvements and/or renewals, including compiling relevant documents, evidence, and option reports for value management, considering new techniques, materials, buildability, and costs.
- Undertake structural reviews in accordance with CS 451 and structural assessment in accordance with DMRB standards.
- Assist with developing the regions asset led forward programme and initial scheme development delivers customer centric designs and technical specifications.
To be successful you'll need
- Degree or HND in relevant discipline and appropriate experience, or equivalent.
- Working towards a Membership of Professional body.
- Experience in structures renewals work design, or structural assessment.
- Knowledge of CDM 2015 along with DMRB, MCHW and Eurocodes standards, and their application on the highways network.
- Good stakeholder management and communication skills with a strong customer focus.