Find your future role
Principal Bridge Engineer
|Salary||£45,000 - £60,000/annum|
An interesting role for a Principal Bridge / Highway Structures Engineer to lead a team of engineers managing all structural assets on the strategic road network in the east region.
Key skills required for this role
bridge engineer highway structures structural principal
Bridge Engineering, design, maintenance
We're looking for Principal Structures Engineers to join teams based in Bedford or Cambridge to provide technical expertise in managing highway structures infrastructure and give specialist knowledge to Engineers involved in the identification and evaluation of asset specific needs and early solutions.
This role will be worked on a hybrid basis, and there is a requirement to drive as part your role, you will need to have a full clean driving license to be considered for this position and during employment. The role may also require you to work occasional unsociable hours.
What you'll be leading on
- Develop asset specific management plans and ensure asset management decisions adhere to policies, provide value for money, and maximise contribution to the delivery of business objectives.
- Identify and commission survey works to support the improvement and/or renewal of assets; to check and approve technical briefs, reports, specifications, drawings and supporting information.
- Provide specialist technical expertise and assurance in the development of early solutions for asset renewals and improvement schemes through the value management process and evaluation of options studies.
- Continuously monitor and analyse asset data, to champion asset data quality, integrity and adherence to data standards and guidelines.
- Develop and recommend best practice methods for the identification and evaluation of asset condition and future needs to support the ongoing development of asset maintenance strategies.
To be successful you'll need
- A Chartered or Incorporated Engineer with extensive experience, or equivalent.
- Expert knowledge of asset condition assessment and degradation modelling.
- Understanding of value management processes, asset decision making and development asset management plans.
- Experience in highways infrastructure design, highway construction and delivery methods.
- Knowledge of relevant technical standards, asset policies and strategies.