Find your future role
Senior Electrical Engineer - Specialist Bridges
Our client has an excellent and highly unique opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join their Specialist Bridges Group based in South Gloucestershire.
Key skills required for this role
Electrical Engineering - maintenance & inspection
Electrical engineering knowledge - asset management / maintenance
The Specialist Bridges Group is responsible for the maintenance, management, and improvement of some of the UK's most iconic and significant long span bridges such as the M4 Prince of Wales Bridge, M48 Severn Bridge and M5 Avonmouth Bridge.
A passionate and capable Senior Electrical Engineer is required to support the electrical inspection and maintenance programme and help drive forward some significant renewal projects over the RIS 2 investment period within the Specialist Bridges Group.
Working alongside a team of experienced specialist bridge professionals and our construction partner, this role is seen as a very critical part of the team's success in the ongoing management and delivery of a strong portfolio of engineering schemes on some of the UK's most famous and strategically placed bridges.
This position will also act as electrical technical lead and advisor for the team, providing electrical advice and support to team members within the Specialist Bridges Group. Furthermore, this role will be critical in interfacing and leading the Principal Designer in relation to the electrical Inspection and cyclic maintenance programme of all Specialist Bridges.
To do this, the Senior Electrical Engineer shall undertake assurance activities and site checks, ensuring that all electrical inspection and maintenance works are undertaken in accordance with the relevant design standard and contractual requirements. Additionally, this role will be vital in always promoting safety and wellbeing to customers of the strategic road network, as well as the supply chain that works on these world famous highway assets.
This role will occasionally involve working outdoors and at height and there may will be an occasional need to work at night.
You will be required to drive as part of your role and you will need to have a full clean driving license to be considered for this position and during employment
What you'll be leading on
- Ensuring our contractors comply with procedures, policies, Quality Management Systems and Safe Systems of Working and assuring their performance to agreed standards, taking actions to resolve and/or escalate non-compliance
- Planning, delivery and reporting on inspection schedules for asset repairs in line with agreed timescales, budgets and procedures, resolving or escalating any delays or quality concerns
- Identifying and prioritising remedial asset repairs to include in annual maintenance plans
- Providing sign-offs for completed works or any deviations from planned work, escalating to the Engineering and Construction Manager as required
- Monitoring and ensuring that construction works comply with CDM, HSE legislation, Chapter 8 requirements and that Principal Contractor duties are properly discharged by the relevant parties
- Preparing reports, records and other information of inspection, maintenance and construction works, and providing regular feedback to Specialist Bridges Inspection and Maintenance senior leadership team, highlighting risks, early warnings and issues
- Supporting the Engineering and Construction Manager in developing, control and monitoring of the annual maintenance programme
To be Successful
- Experience in carrying out electrical inspections and associated maintenance.
- A recognised electrical engineering qualification
- Good knowledge of DMRB and CDM
- Understanding of temporary traffic management (Chapter 8)
- Bridge maintenance/remedial works experience (desirable)