Find your future role
Tool Control Specialist
|Job type||Contract 12 months|
Location: Yeovil (site based)
Duration: 12 month contract
Rate: £21ph UMB (Inside IR35)
Key skills required for this role
Tool Control, SAP
Tool Control Specialist
To support Tool Control day to day activities and projects across the business, ensuring compliance to Core Instructions and regulatory legislation in all Tool Control areas. Using process knowledge and skill to resolve Tool Control issues in a correct, compliant and efficient way. Support movement of tooling assets globally where required to ensure traceable at all times.
- Act as the Technical POC for Operations relating to Tool Control.
- Implement Tool Control on assets where required, including new and existing tools, by means on etching, inventory creation, record creating and amending.
- Create and modify SAP equipment records where required.
- TCMax super user, utilising the software to correctly locate, issue, de-stock and report on tooling assets.
- Co-ordinate regulatory program requirements such as LOLER, PAT etc.
- Provide logistic assistance to locate and move tools to the required locations, onsite, nationally and internationally.
- Support in processing and replacing broken tools to the end user in a tool controlled condition.
- Support in rectification of Tool Control issues, occurrences and investigations.
- Support the processing and upgrade of Special Tool Kits (STK's) to ensure tool control compliance working with the external tooling supply base.
- Support Continuous Improvement and Tool Control projects where required
- You are responsible for taking reasonable care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work and to co-operate with managers, supervisors and others to enable the company to meet its statutory obligations for health, safety and environment.
- Specific responsibilities for Employees are detailed within HSEMSM, Section 8.7.
- You should take responsibility for understanding the Code of Ethics - Core Instruction 24 and making sure that you comply with it at all times whilst doing your job.
What we are looking for in you:
- Be ICT literate, using a range of software
- Be meticulous in problem solving ensuring that the correct result is achieved.
- Be proactive in resolving issues as they arise to limit impact to the business
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner to a range of personnel from a variety of departments
- Ensure compliance to Core Instructions and processes
- Good sense of urgency, reacting accordingly to situations and issues that require resolving
- Have good inter-personal skills to build relationship with a range of personnel across site.
- Experience in Tooling, Production Engineer or Manufacturing environments
- Knowledge of SAP/TC-MAX
- Knowledge of Tool Control, COS, Core Instruction 08.04 or MAA regulations