Find your future role
FPGA and Signal Processing
|Saffron Walden, England
All applicants MUST be Security Clearable! Sponsorship not available.
Experienced FPGA/Firmware engineer with a strong background in signal processing.
Key skills required for this role
FPGA, Verilog, VHDL, Signal Processing, DSP, Real time, Time Series Analysis, Python/ MATLAB
All applicants MUST be Security Clearable! Sponsorship not available
FPGA and Signal Processing Engineer
We are looking for an experienced an FPGA/Firmware engineer with a strong background in signal processing. The successful candidate will play a key role in developing signal processing chains to support the development of novel products and services, ranging from radar systems through to sensors for autonomous platforms.
The role provides the opportunity to use your technical skills to work with a team to follow exciting new ideas through from concept into reality. You will have the satisfaction of working with a supportive and experienced team of subject matter experts, in a state-of-the-art development environment.
- BEng/BSc/MSci or preferably PhD in physics/electronics/computer science (or similar discipline)
- Experience of FPGA flows involving high-speed digital design.
- Proficient in VHDL or Verilog programming languages,
- Experience with AMD Xilinx, Altera, or other FPGA platforms,
- Familiarity with system-level design and integration,
- 3+ years post-graduate experience in designing and developing software
- Python or Matlab
Any of the following are beneficial but not essential
- Knowledge of radar, sonar, inertial or other sensor systems
- Knowledge of wireless communication protocols
- Knowledge of OpenCPI
- C/C++ development
- Benefits Company Bonus Scheme: Paid annually based on a percentage of your salary, conditional on performance against annual company targets
- Private Medical Insurance: Paid for by the Company, although taxable as a benefit in kind. Covers dependants, including spouse/partners/children. Note: Does not cover pre-existing conditions
- Permanent Health Insurance (Income Protection Scheme): Paid for by the Company, available post-probation. Claims kick in after 26 weeks' absence. Benefit equivalent to 75% of your salary (less government benefit).
- Life Assurance (Death in Service): Lump sum payable, equivalent to 6 times your salary. Expression of wish form to be completed by all employees.
- Pension - DC Scheme: Employee contribution minimum 5% of salary. Employer contribution of 7% of salary. If contributions are made via salary sacrifice, employer National Insurance contributions savings are added to the employer contribution.
- Annual Leave: 25 days of annual leave per annum, in addition to 8 public holidays. Employees have the option to buy up to an additional 5 days of annual leave, payable monthly via payroll. Long Service Annual Leave Award: For 5 years' service, a one-off additional 5 days' holiday for that calendar year only. For 10 years' service, an additional 2 days' holiday per calendar year going forward.
- Learning Opportunities/Support: Employees are provided with up to 5 days per annum for training and development. Training courses are agreed upon in advance by the manager and HR, aligning with appraisal discussions. As corporate members of CSAR, employees can attend lectures and webinars on innovation, research, and more.
- Cycle to Work Scheme: Maximum allowance of £2000 per annum. Payable over 12 months, with monthly deductions from salary, free from tax/NI.
- Employee Assistance Programme: Covers topics such as wellbeing, legal, financial, relationships, etc. Offers telephone counselling support and webinars. Eye Tests for VDU Work: Plextek covers the cost of an eye test. If spectacles for VDU use are required, reasonable costs (up to £100) will be contributed by Plextek.
- Medical Cash Plan: Includes coverage for optical, dental, and physiotherapy treatments, preventative checks and jabs, prescriptions, consultations, and diagnostic tests. Paid for by the Company, although taxable as a benefit in kind. Covers up to 4 children.
- Additional Perks: Ample free parking in a rural setting. Free refreshments such as tea, coffee, and fruit. Regular social events to foster team camaraderie. Discounted access to cinema tickets, gift hampers, and more
Our client provides unique solutions for their customers by solving today's hardest engineering problems in sensing, data collection & communications. Their customers span a wide range of markets including healthcare, internet of things, defence, security and automotive
They are based just south of Cambridge with easy road and rail routes to the vibrant city centre. They provide a friendly and supportive working environment including regular on-site and off-site social events.