Find your future role
EV Charging Design Manager -Birmingham - Up to £65k
|Salary||£55,000 - £65,000/annum|
This major International Consultancy is seeking a Design Manager / Principal Electical Engineer to help lead their EV Charging business from their Midlands based offices
Key skills required for this role
EV Charging Design Manager / Principal Engineer - Birmingham - Up to £65k
Our client is a leading Multi-Disciplinary Consultancy with a proven track record across all sectors of the Consultancy world and over 6000 professionals working in the UK alone. As part of their sustainability drive the Lighting and Energy team are providing comprehensive EV Infrastructure consultancy services for both public and private sector clients in this constantly evolving marketplace.
Due to this they are seeking a Design Manager / Principal Engineer to join their Birmingham team, helping them address the ever-changing EV requirements across the transport infrastructure sector. You will be working on a range of Electrical Design and advisory solutions for all highway assets including all types of lighting, electric vehicle charge points, market trader pillars and traffic signage. This role will be key in providing comprehensive EV infrastructure services across the business.
To be considered for this role they are seeking enthusiastic forward-thinking individuals with a true emphasis on sustainable solution driven engineering and a proven track record in Transport planning here in the UK.
Your new role will involve the following:
- Working closely with Capability Leads, and Project technical Leaders to actively lead and manage the technical delivery of EV projects
- Monitor performance management processes, ensuring team are clear on expectations and standards of performance
- Ensure delivery is achieved in accordance with the Business Management System
- Promote and manage the Professional Development Reviews process to encourage training and learning, competencies and support career development
- Responsible for growth and recruitment of team to meet project and budget targets/demands
- Responsible for the financial performance of team Project Forecast Tool maintaining multipliers and utilisation of the teams
- Work closely with the other Regional Leads, Team Leaders and Group Director to ensure the most efficient deployment of resources and skills across L&ES Business
- Support the Group Director in preparing the input to annual budget
- Ensure appropriate dialogue with Legal and Commercial support for contract reviews and dispute resolution
Business Development and Relationship Management
- Responsible for client relationships within your team
- Working closely with Growth leads to support the growth of the business
- Work with colleagues to develop effective client relationship plans
Qualifications / Experience required:
- Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline.
- Working toward or achieved professional qualification or Chartership with an appropriate institute.
- Thorough understanding of the electric vehicle and electrical design as a discipline and working Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) knowledge.
- Proven track record in the successful leadership of staff and management of multiple projects at project and office levels.
- Experience of managing or technical leadership for medium and large size complex projects.
- Detailed understanding of the technology sector, experience of wider industry interest groups.
- Knowledge of company disciplines and services gained through corporate and BU induction processes
- Understanding of supporting factors such as health and safety, quality management and environmental management systems.
- Experience leading design teams and taking responsibility for the technical output, plus the programme and financial performance of their work packages.
- Able to demonstrate all aspects of project involvement from initial costings at bid stage through to full detailed design and supporting client handover.
- Track record of performing to a high standard whilst undertaking low voltage electrical design preferably within the UK transportation sector.
- Knowledge and experience of electric vehicle (EV) infrastructure design and lighting electrical design.
- Registration with the Engineering Council, to minimum IEng or preferably CEng.
- Hold City & Guilds 18th Edition Wiring Regulation certification (C&G 2382).
- Collaborate to support the development of individuals and teams
- Lead health, safety and wellbeing culture