Find your future role
Senior Certifications Engineer
|Dependant on experience
Our client is seeking a talented Senior or Lead Certification Engineer to join their dynamic team.
Ideally looking for someone with experience of aerospace certifications with good industry knowledge of EASA regulations.
Key skills required for this role
EASA Part 21J , Part 21G, CS25, ETSO Process, Certification
Proven experience in an aerospace certification environment with specific experience in cabin interiors, ideally seating.
Job Title: Senior Certification Engineer
Key Working Relationships: New Product Development (Stress, D&D Engineering), Applications Engineering, Programme Management, Test, Supply Chain, Production, Sales, Aftersales
The Senior Certification Engineer will play a pivotal role in coordinating, executing, and upholding regulatory compliance efforts essential to support all phases of the company's seating product development and certification. The goal is to ensure that the business' designs receive certification in alignment with EASA, FAA, or National Authority regulations, while meeting customer contract specifications.
With substantial experience in an aerospace certification environment and a comprehensive understanding of CS-UKTSO, CS-ETSO, CS-25, and related regulatory prerequisites, the Senior Certification Engineer will actively assist the Certification Manager, Chief of Office of Airworthiness, Compliance Verification Engineers, and the Programme Management team in achieving (UK)TSO (C127b, C39c) and OEM Frame Specification compliance across various application programs with company customers.
- Serve as a senior member of the certification team, advocating best practices, mentoring less experienced colleagues, and offering effective support to your supervisor, including acting as a deputy when needed.
- Leverage professional expertise and judgment to independently execute certification work packages, proactively identify and address issues and risks, and escalate them to management when necessary.
- Collaborate with the engineering management team to identify and implement enhancements to certification processes, systems, and tools, thereby optimizing the efficiency, quality, and flexibility of the certification team.
- Identify regulatory compliance requirements during the conceptual phase of projects.
- Develop and maintain certification project milestones and schedules necessary for project completion.
- Direct and guide design engineering and stress analysis teams to ensure alignment with regulatory requirements during project design and development phases. This may entail reviewing analyses, tests, and reports, providing feedback, and ensuring compliance with regulatory standards.
- Review development and certification test data to guide design modifications.
- Review drawings and reports to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, directing revisions and improvements as needed.
- Generate intended means of compliance, project certification basis, safety assessments, and relevant regulatory materials.
- Develop and compile test plans and reports (e.g., STP, DTP, OTP, FTP, QTP, etc.).
- Verify and review test plans and reports.
- Prepare test articles for development and certification test programs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional program teams at project initiation to propose and agree upon methods of compliance in accordance with regulatory, OEM, and customer requirements.
- Coordinate with design and test staff to create test setups and rigs to support test programs.
- 15. Oversee internal and external activities to ensure compliance with all certification requirements. This includes close collaboration with FAA and/or foreign regulatory agency personnel and interfacing with external test providers when necessary.
- Supervise, witness, and manage testing activities, working in conjunction with CVEs (Compliance Verification Engineers).
- Submit or oversee the submission of completed design data packages to the relevant regulatory agency.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Engineering Degree, Diploma, or equivalent in a related engineering field. Proven experience in an aerospace certification environment, particularly in cabin interiors (seating).
- Strong knowledge of UK, EASA, and FAA regulations.
- Experience liaising with third-party regulatory or certification organizations and OEMs, including EASA, CAA, Airbus, Boeing, etc.
- Specific experience in structures, cabin safety, and flammability subject matter.
- Demonstrated experience ensuring certification outputs align with company and regulatory policies.
- Hands-on experience generating and reviewing technical documentation, such as test plans and reports.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of EASA Part 21J, Part 21G, CS25, and ETSO Process regulations.
- Proficiency in 2D and/or 3D design software for data analysis. Strong PC skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Qualifications & Experience: Previous CVE (Compliance Verification Engineer) experience.
Styles and Values
- The ability to communicate and present effectively at all levels.
- Familiarity with working under deadlines and in a target-driven environment.
- Results-driven, with the ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
- Self-motivated with a positive can-do attitude, adaptability, and comfort in a changing environment.
- Reliable, conscientious, strong attention to detail.
- Capable of efficiently and accurately handling a wide range of tasks.
- Eligible to work in the UK and flexibility to work varying hours.
- Possession of a UK driving license with access to personal transportation.