Find your future role
Reliability and Maintainability Engineer
At Leonardo, we have an excellent opportunity for Reliability and Maintainability Engineers to join our Supportability team.
Key skills required for this role
Defence, Engineering, Supportability Engineering, RGT, HALT, HASS, ESS, PRAT, Reliasoft; OPUS; Simlox; Matlab / Simulink; Jira and Python
Position subject to security clearance and proof of 5-year UK residency.
The team you will be joining form part of a multi discipline engineering team responsible for both production of existing radar systems and the design and development of our next generation of radar products. You will have the opportunity to ensure the supportability characteristics of our products are understood and aligned to the Customers' operational and support needs.
We will give you the environment to develop your existing technical skills across the various radar product design phases, helping us to deliver world leading, highly reliable and capable integrated sensor systems for our worldwide customer base.
What you'll do as a Supportability Engineer:
Working across both the Radar and Advanced Targeting business areas based in Edinburgh you will be actively involved in analysing, assessing, and influencing the RMT and supportability characteristics, supportability strategy, and performance of the next generation of Leonardo products.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Engaging with the Integrated Project Teams to deliver Supportability Engineering work packages in areas of reliability, maintainability and testability.
- Working closely with multiple Engineering disciplines to identify and avoid reliability, maintainability and testability related problems on complex systems before they reach production and our customers.
- Use your engineering talent to grow and develop the supportability community, core skills base and contribute to continual improvement of Leonardo's reliability, maintainability and testability processes and procedures.
- Contribute to continuous product and process/procedural improvements to help drive out the cost and reputational consequence of failure by reducing reliability risks.
- Understanding the Customers' requirements to help guide the development of safe equipment capable of meeting the needs of current and future operational environments.
What we need from you:
If you have any experience in the following areas we would be keen to hear from you and we favour behaviours and experience over a specific toolset. We have an opportunity to tailor the responsibilities of the role to the experience of the candidate so we are open to candidates with all levels of reliability, maintainability and testability experience.
- Working in, or knowledge of, the disciplines of Reliability, Maintainability or Testability (RMT)
- Influencing design by expert analysis, advice and support of RMT aspects and developing requirements.
- Reliability Analysis - Able to develop component to system level reliability models including the use of Reliability Block Diagram Methodology. Experience of reliability testing (e.g. RGT, HALT, HASS, ESS, PRAT)
- Maintainability Analysis - Modular to system level analysis addressing Human Factors and Maintenance Task Analysis. Experience of Reliability Centred Maintenance and Scheduled Maintenance to identify maintenance tasks required to ensure that the equipment meets it operational capability.
- Failure Modes Effects & Criticality Analysis (FMEA/FMECA) on electronic components/circuits from component level through to system level covering power circuits, analogue, RF and digital assemblies.
- Problem solving and managing potentially conflicting inputs from multiple stakeholder groups.
- Creation of beneficial relationships with cross-functional colleagues, customers, and suppliers.
Our team use: PTC Windchill Risk and Reliability; Reliasoft; OPUS; Simlox; Matlab / Simulink; Jira and Python and although expertise is not essential, familiarity with some would be beneficial.
You must be eligible for full security clearance
Life at Leonardo
With a company funded benefits package, a commitment to learning and development, and a flexible approach to working hours focused on the needs of both our employees and customers, a career with Leonardo has never offered as many opportunities or been more accessible to as many people.
- Flexible Working: Flexible hours with hybrid working options. For part time opportunities, please talk to us
- Company funded flexible benefits: Access to private healthcare, dental schemes, Workplace ISA, Go Green Car Scheme, technology and lifestyle options (£500 annual allowance)
- Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays, option to buy/sell leave and to accrue up to 12 additional flexi leave days per year
- Pension: Award winning pension scheme (up to 10% employer contribution)
- Wellbeing: Employee Assistance Programme with access to free mental health support, financial wellbeing support and network groups to demonstrate our ongoing commitment to diversity & inclusion (Enable, Pride, Equalise, Reservists, Carers)
- Lifestyle: Discounted Gym membership, Cycle to work scheme
- Training: Free access to more than 4000 online courses via Coursera
- Referral Incentive: You can earn a reward for successfully referring a friend or family member
- Bonus: Scheme in place for all employees at management level and below
At Leonardo UK, we believe that a diverse and inclusive work environment unlocks our people's full potential and drives innovation and creativity. We work hard to offer a welcoming, accessible and inclusive place to work for all of our people, creating a culture where everyone can thrive, feel safe and have a sense of belonging and connection.