Find your future role
|Location||Port Glasgow, Scotland|
An opportunity has arisen for a QA Engineer, based in Port Glasgow on a Fixed term contract basis
Key skills required for this role
Reporting to the Quality Manager you will support the QA Manager with the capture, implementation and ongoing monitoring of the Processes, procedures and mapping environment that governs how our client conducts its business across all areas and functions utilising Q-Pulse QMS , by doing so will be responsible for the extension and continued compliance of the QMS (ISO9001), including control of documents and records, internal and external audit facilitation, Corrective Action, Preventative Action and improvement initiatives. The role will also generate the required data for the management review(s) and support the Quality Objectives and KPI's.
This role will also include a hands-on approach to 'delivering quality' and the candidate must have proven track record and experience working within a process driven business and work alongside a small team of inspectors and technicians and will be expected to support the team within the production environment to drive process improvement and enhancements in line with the designated project and/or Quality Plans. In addition to this, supporting the QA manager in defining, supporting and managing Defects, Non-Conformance Reporting and Root Cause Analysis investigations.
- Support the QA Manager is delivering a Right First-Time culture in doing so support the capture, implementation and ongoing monitoring of the Q-Pulse QMS systems.
- Support workshops to define, develop and establish processes as we mature our business quality management systems.
- Maintaining current and creating new ISO documentation to support any increase scope of certification as necessary.
- Supporting Certification Bodies (BSI, LRQA) for ISO Management System Audits
- Conduct internal audits to the required specification in line with our processes using risk-based approach to internal auditing.
- Providing reports/ pareto analysis for use by Management on all issues relating to the QMS
- Supporting other function in the business to 'deliver quality'.
- Responsible for ensuring the in-house compliance testing has been completed on an ongoing basis, to ensure product continually meets required standards.
- Collating data for the management review
- Ensuring customer feedback/complaints are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Define, manage and execute the Non-Conformance Reporting, Corrective Action & Root Cause Analysis process.
- Through auditing ensure calibration register(s) for testing and measuring equipment remain valid
- Working closely with Production to reduce waste in both process and practice.
- Dissemination of good practice including visual Management techniques
- Support training and development of Internal auditors
Desired Skills and Experience
· Professional accreditation within a relevant field or equivalent experience
· Strong Experience of working in a process driven manufacturing environment
· Experienced quality professional with working knowledge of ISO9001
· Internal audit qualification for ISO9001 (minimum)
· Knowledge of other standards such as ISO14001, ISO45001 would be advantageous
· Excellent IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft packages
· Experience of workplace transformation (Six Sigma/Lean)
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to conduct meaningful workshop type sessions across department to enrich and define process
· Methodical with great attention to detail
· Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Good team working skills
· Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
· Can use Visual Management to quickly relay information
This role is a FTC (12 months)
Salary - c. £35,000