Find your future role
Mechanical Design Engineer
GRADUATE / JUNIOR
Mechanical design of various systems including low and high voltage systems from housings through to full, complex assemblies such as high voltage batteries or control and distribution systems.
Key skills required for this role
Solidworks, CAD, Mechanical Design
Junior Mechanical Design Engineer
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Design of various systems from simple housings to complex assemblies as well as one-off systems such as build tooling, test rigs etc.
Stress and thermal analysis of designs.
Knowledge of designing for ease of manufacture and cost optimisation.
Design model management
Design drawing prepare and release
Supplier identification and management
Support build and test of designs
Documentation of all steps in the process
- CAD: CATIA, Solid Works (SW preferred)
- PLM systems
- Mechanical stress and thermal modelling
- MS: Office applications for documentation and calculation / analysis
- Good experience of PC applications Word, Excel, Viseo, Project etc.
- Experience in design of electric vehicle systems or batteries would be beneficial.
- Ideally 1-3 years working in a similar role but candidates without this will still be considered.
DESCRIPTION OF COMPANY
Rockfort Engineering Limited is a small company working in the area of electric vehicle powertrain technology development You will be joining an experienced team and be expected to bring an enthusiastic and flexible attitude and a desire to be involved and influence projects and technical management.
Oxfordshire (close to M40, J10).