Find your future role
|Salary||£44.74 - £59.67/hour|
|Job type||Contract 12 months|
Software Developer - £59.67ph UMB - Yeovil - 12 months
Key skills required for this role
Software Developer, software engineering
Do you want to write software for the UK's latest frontline fighter, 3D mission planning systems for Typhoon and Hawk jets or exploit tactical data links to enhance and optimise Command, Control and Situational Awareness across the whole battlespace?
If any of this grabs your attention, we are looking for talented Software Engineers with a proven record of accomplishment in designing and delivering complex and challenging projects. As a Software Engineer, you will work closely with our Technical Managers to translate customer requirements into compelling designs and solutions which can be delivered on time and on budget.
Your main responsibilities as a Software Engineer will involve:
- Ownership of requirements, design and implementation, and test to a high standard, within schedule and estimates
- Software development of solutions
- Testing of completed functionality
- Adherence to project processes and software development practices
- Reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership
- Supporting System Test and Integration Activities
- Production of appropriate technical documentation
- Diagnosing and solving identified issues
Knowledge of Agile and Scrum would be beneficial.
Your skills and qualifications as a Software Engineer:
Ideally, you have an honours degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant STEM subject, although relevant knowledge and experience may offset the qualification requirements. You will be required to pass full Security Clearance.
- Software development lifecycle and processes (e.g. design, coding, unit testing) and tools (e.g. UML design tools, code IDEs)
- Experience of software development including desktop-based applications in an appropriate language: Java
- Object-oriented design/development including UML
- Windows or Linux target environments
- Project specific tools and processes such as DOORS, Enterprise Architect, JIRA or Git
- A knowledge of Mission Planning or Tactical Data Links and Datalink processing from a software implementation perspective