Find your future role
Project Planner / Scheduler
Our client have an exciting opportunity for project planners to join them delivering naval vessel repair and maintenance projects. There are opportunities to suit experienced schedulers and those looking to start a career in projects alike.
Key skills required for this role
Project Management, Project Plan. Project Planning, Project Schedule, Scheduling, MS Project
Engineering projects background with an appreciation of complex engineering projects and their requirements.
What you'll be doing:
As a Project Scheduler, you will develop, maintain and communicate comprehensive, logically linked and resourced project plans, proactively monitor progress and changes, manage stake holder reviews and produce risk based what-if scenarios and metrics, ensuring that relevant stakeholders within Operations, the Project and the customer community are consulted and fully bought into the quality of the plan. To help maintain standard project network libraries ensuring that any previous feedback and performance history has been taken into account. Your core duties will include:
- Accountable for maintaining quality standards within Plans and compliance to governance controls and schedule health measures, ensuring schedules remain relevant to work enablement and project delivery.
- Ability to carry out ship visits to evaluate customer requirements in more detail and understand project progress.
- PC literate with Microsoft Project and able to use an ERP system and other Integrated Business Systems (IBS) without supervision to undertake the planning role.
- Logical, analytical and structured approach to problem solving.
- Ability to motivate self and others to identify and deliver tasks within acceptable time frames.
- Able to lead and support other team members and monitor own and team progress against planned delivery and quality targets and to contribute to continuous improvement of the planning function.
Your skills and experiences:
- Engineering projects background with an appreciation of complex engineering projects and their requirements.
- Familiarity with project planning software systems such as MS Project
- An understanding of project management or planning methodology
- Knowledge of RN/Commercial platforms and systems along with MoD systems and references for technical data such as Books of Reference
- Understanding and compliance with Company HR, SHE, & Quality policies and processes, awareness of general H&S/Environmental regulations and safe working practices in ship repair environment
- Previous experience in refit/installation/repair experience in a Maritime/Oil & Gas or similar engineering environment
- Awareness of general H&S/Environmental regulations and safe working practices