Find your future role
Requirements Manager - Newcastle
|Location||Newcastle upon Tyne, England|
An exciting opportunity for a Requirements Manager to join our Systems Engineering Team at Leonardo's brand new Newcastle site.
Key skills required for this role
Defence, Systems, Systems Requirements, DOORS, Atlassian tools, Cameo Systems Modeller or MATLAB, RF systems/Radar System design
Position subject to security clearance and proof of 5-year UK residency.
This role is an opportunity to work across two of our major radar products as a Requirements Manager.
We develop large, complex systems which rely on the application of robust systems engineering processes. The effective management of different levels of user and technical requirements is critical to ensuring these complex systems are delivered fit for purpose.
The Requirements Manager works across the project and engineering disciplines to ensure requirements are properly defined, managed, verified, and that our engineering processes are followed. This role is ideally suited to an engineer that:
- Is comfortable working at a higher level and not getting pulled down into the detail
- Relishes collaborating with others from different engineering disciplines
- Takes pride in their work and applies attention to detail
- Is confident to challenge others to ensure engineering process is followed
- Comfortable working under pressure and to tight timescales
What you'll do as a Requirements Manager
As a Requirements Manager, you will work across two Integrated Project Teams (IPTs) engaged in the development of a new generation Radar system for a fast jet platform. You will:
- Manage the project requirements.
- Define and implement the project's Requirements Management and DOORS Implementation plans.
- Maintain configuration of the DOORS Project.
- Support the creation and apportionment of systems requirements and allocation to sub-systems.
- Support and manage the collation of verification evidence
- Produce verification and compliance documentation.
- Manage the flow of requirements from system level to sub-system level ensuring traceability of system requirements.
What we need from you:
You really must have:
- Experience in systems engineering processes, lifecycle and procedures, including system specification and verification methods and procedures.
- Experience of managing and evaluating the outturn of the testing of complex Hardware / Software requirements against the relevant system baseline definition and verification plan.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, along with experience of multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to collect verification evidence and supporting data and collate against the verification matrix for the purposes of compliance demonstration is essential
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience of Requirements Management Planning.
- Experience of Requirements definition and apportionment.
- Ability to work at Specialist Level in DOORS.
- Knowledge of Atlassian tools, Cameo Systems Modeller or MATLAB.
- Familiarity with RF systems/Radar System design and operation
- Ability to liaise with engineers across disciplines
- Ability to understand requirements specifications
You must be eligible for full security clearance and access to UK-caveated and ITAR controlled information.
Life at Leonardo
With a company funded benefits package, a commitment to learning and development, and a flexible approach to working hours focused on the needs of both our employees and customers, a career with Leonardo has never offered as many opportunities or been more accessible to as many people.
- Flexible Working: Flexible hours with hybrid working options. For part time opportunities, please talk to us
- Company funded flexible benefits: Access to private healthcare, dental schemes, Workplace ISA, Go Green Car Scheme, technology and lifestyle options (£500 annual allowance)
- Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays, option to buy/sell leave and to accrue up to 12 additional flexi leave days per year
- Pension: Award winning pension scheme (up to 10% employer contribution)
- Wellbeing: Employee Assistance Programme with access to free mental health support, financial wellbeing support and network groups to demonstrate our ongoing commitment to diversity & inclusion (Enable, Pride, Equalise, Reservists, Carers)
- Lifestyle: Discounted Gym membership, Cycle to work scheme
- Training: Free access to more than 4000 online courses via Coursera
- Referral Incentive: You can earn a reward for successfully referring a friend or family member
- Bonus: Scheme in place for all employees at management level and below
For a full list of our Company benefits please visit our website.
Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Headquartered in Italy, Leonardo has over 45,000 employees, of which 8,000 are based at 8 sites throughout the UK.
Primary Location: GB - Newcastle