Find your future role
|City of Preston, England
SHE Associate - 12 month contract - Samlesbury and Warton - £25.68 ph UMB or £19.75 ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
Key skills required for this role
SHE, HSE, H&S, Health & Safety, Associate,
The SHE team:
The Technology & Future Capability SHE team provide competent SHE support, advice nd resource to our manufacturing & Falconworks business areas. Reporting to the Specialisty Technologies SHE manager, it is made up of a group of SHE Asssociates & SHE Advisors (SHE professionals or Specialists). The team support the implementation of various SHE management systems & provide specialist technical SHE support on exciting development products or platforms, and carry out various day to day activities related to safety, health and environment.
- The roles will be across both Warton and Samlesbury.
- To provide competent and professional SHE guidance and support to the business across manufacturing, development and engineering operations.
- As a BAE Systems SHE Associate, you will be responsible for providing competent and professional safety, health and environmental advice and support to our business operations, which typically compromise 300+ employees with diverse safety, health and environmental risks to manage.
- This will involve the implementation and maintenance of the SHE Management System (certified to ISO14001 and ISO45001) within your business operation, leading on risk assessment, accident/incident analysis and assurance activity, along with a wide variety of related tasks that fall within this diverse role.
- You will also be an ambassador for cultural change within the business, able to influence and promote a positive SHE culture at all levels.
- Whilst the role is challenging and wide-ranging, you will be part of a wider team of SHE professionals, and you can expect to be provided with a high level of support and development to ensure you are equipped tomeet the challenges that the role provides.
- You will hold the NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health and will be working towards or possess the NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety & Health (or equivalent).
- Experience and qualifications in the Environmental, Occupational Hygiene and COSHH would be advantageous.
- Good understanding of Hazard identification and risk management.
- Excellent communication skills and be comfortable lisasing with stakeholders at all levels.
- Previous experience in a similar SHE role.