Find your future role
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
|Contract 3 Months+
Matchtech are excited to be working alongside the main contractor on the M25 J10 Wiseley Junction improvement works near to Woking/Guildford, and as result we have a live requirement for a Commercial Administrator/Assistant Quantity Surveyor.
Key skills required for this role
Assistant Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Administrator
Assistant Quantity Surveyor to report directly in to the Senior Quantity Surveyor for work on the M25 Jct.10 (Wiseley Interchange) surrounding Subcontract Management and Change Management (Early Warning Notifications, Compensation Event Notifications/Quotations) activities.
Assistant Quantity Surveyor to support on-site 3 days per week (2 from home) within the confines of the Highways Main Office Compound alongside the PT&D (Multi-Utilities) Project Team.
Main Purpose of the Job:
To assist with all aspects of controlling and reporting on company expenditure from procurement to Final Account and to provide general administration duties. The Commercial Department is responsible for monitoring and controlling expenditure on all of the Divisional developments by controlling the "cost of sales", as well as ensuring that all Commercial policies and procedures are adhered to.
The post holder will be responsible for assisting in Procurement in line with programme, preparation of Budgets, Payments, Cost Value reconciliations and the administration of Health and Safety procedures.
- With assistance from QS, prepare subcontract Enquiry List for approval by Head of Commercial and Head of Construction
- Prepare full enquiry packs and collate all tender information
- Analyse tenders upon return and present to QS for compliance checks
- Prepare tender analysis, comparing individual tenders against each other and against build costs within land acquisition packs
- Issue Health and Safety Contractor Competency for new contractors, ensuring they conform to our policies and procedures
- Assemble Health and Safety Policies, Method Statements and Risk Assessments
- Compile Draft subcontract Orders in liaison with QS
- Draft Customer Extras Sheet for Commercial Manager to agree with the Sales Director
- Price agreed customer extras list with final sub-contractors
- Analyse sub-contractor weekly and monthly invoices
- Prepare interim payments for approval by Head of Commercial
- Issue contra charges as appropriate
- Keep Payment Record Sheets up-to-date following completion of each weekly and monthly payment run
- Cost / Value Reconciliations
- Input progress in to the cost to complete system
- Assist the QS in preparation of subcontract accruals
- Produce Valuation Breakdown Reconciliation (VBR)
- Assist in carrying out cost and value reconciliation on all items in VBR
- Other responsibilities, but not limited to
- Follow the change control procedure
- Issue Variation Orders as appropriate
- Attend site visits regularly to provide assistance and support to site staff
- Ensure familiarity with Health, Safety and Environmental policies and comply with employee responsibilities
- Comply with company policies, procedures and instructions at all times
- Implement new ideas and methods whilst continuing to seek ways of improving both
- Contributing to the organisation's goals and enhancing the reputation of the company