Find your future role
|Contract 13 Months
Production Planner - 13 month contract - Portsmouth - £36.34ph UMB or £27.95ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
Key skills required for this role
Production Controller, Production, production planning, production planner, manufacturing, materials management, shop scheduler, material handler, scheduler, production scheduler
To convert customer requirements into production ready tasks, suitable for integration into a deliverable project schedule and simple to prepare and deliver. This will involve using technical knowledge to determine the hours, materials and services required for each task and coordinating the preparation of these in time for delivery, using business systems and processes in a proactive way.
- Interpret customer requirements to create suitable task list breakdown structures representing current production processes and method, to identify dependencies and carry out any required low level scheduling.
- Identify the materials, sub-contracts and services required in support of the work and liaise with the supply chain function and review quotes to ensure plans contain an accurate cost and all the work scope is covered.
- Carry out all pre-production checks to ensure that the tasks can be moved through the Ways of Working process
- To help maintain cost estimating and standard job libraries by creating and enhancing standard task lists with parts information in accordance with part creation policy, taking previous feedback and performance history into account.
- PC literate and competent with Microsoft Excel/Access and able to use an ERP system without supervision to undertake the planning role.
- Logical, analytical and structured approach to problem solving
- Able to support other team members and monitor own and team progress against planned delivery and quality targets and to contribute to continuous improvement of the planning function.
This role will require you to hold or be eligible to obtain Security Clearance (SC). You will need to obtain a BPSS check as part of this process. You must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.