Find your future role
Senior Highways Engineer - Luton - Up to £48k
Our client are a leading International Multi-Disciplinary Engineering Consultancy and are seeking experienced Highways and Drainage engineer to join their Luton team.
Key skills required for this role
Highway design, infrastructure, roads, drainage
Senior Highways Engineer - Luton - Up to £48k plus benefits
We are working with a major award-winning International Consultancy who are in the envious position of being able to draw on over 90 years of design and engineering expertise to provide Engineering Solutions across the Highways and Transportation sector. They pride themselves on delivering projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world and are passionate about both the projects they work on and the value they place on their employees. Due to steady growth, they are looking for Senior Highway Engineers with broad ranging experience in design and the technical delivery of highways projects to join their Luton offices.
Due to growth within the highways sector we are looking for both Senior Highways Engineers and Engineers to join the Highways design team. You will be working on highway and infrastructure schemes from feasibility through to implementation. At Senior level you will also help providing experience and direction to the project team on highway design and construction.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a robust team who are able to offer you exposure to a wide range of highways and drainage projects and at the same time help assist and develop your career to where you want to be and beyond. To be considered for this challenging position you will be an experienced Highway Engineer with proven ability who takes ownership and responsibility for design solutions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Design responsibility for Highways and Infrastructure projects.
- Utilisation of local staff, Pell Frischmann Contractor staff in other offices, and sub consultants
- Manage design and disciplines for projects.
- Collate project information and liaise with the Client and client team as required
- Supervise site based projects as required.
- Supervise and delegate to subordinates and others as required.
- Provide technical input into major / minor highway and infrastructure schemes.
- Coordinate and Liaise with other PF offices including Birmingham, MK, Wakefield
- Maintain a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current relevant design methods.
- Comply with all Company Procedures and Work Instructions
- Execute site-based or head office functions, liaising with the clients and other contractor's staff to collect project specific information as required by the Project Manager.
- Check/approve own and other staff work, including third party design proposals, as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects.
- Carry out other duties identified in the Project Management Plan or as required by the Project Manager on assigned projects.
- Supervise technical work of other staff as required.
- Assist in monitoring, planning and forecasting utilisation of own discipline team members.
Essential Requirements considered key to the role
- Chartered or working towards Chartership or Incorporated Engineer status and Member of a Professional Institution (relevant discipline)
- Experience of working on Highways England or Local Authority highway design projects.
- Experience of the current Highways England standards and conversant with the DMRB and Construction Design Management Regulations (CDM).
- Ability to design all aspects of highways from conceptual layout to detailed design.
- Experience of design interfaces (e.g. geotechnical, environmental, structural, transport planning etc.)
- Proficient in software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MX and Micro Drainage.
- Ability to prepare reports and collate specifications from all parties to the project and to collect other data and statistics necessary for the preparation of progress and technical reports.
- Ability to develop and agree project scopes and manage budgets, programmes and quality of deliverables.
Rewards and Benefits
Our client's highways team are driven to create modern, efficient and sustainable roads and infrastructure that will benefit users for years to come. They work in collaboration with National Highways, Department for Transport, Local Authority clients and Private Developers to help future proof travelling, be it by road or rail. In return they can offer competitive salaries and benefits, ongoing personal and professional development and the opportunity to work in a friendly, collaborative environment.