Find your future role
Software (Configuration) Engineer
An exciting opportunity to join Leonardo as a Software (Configuration) Engineer!
Key skills required for this role
Software, Configuration, Firmware, HTML JAVA,
Position subject to security clearance and proof of 5-year UK residency.
Learn software configuration skills covering the full product lifecycle: from requirements analysis; through design, procurement and manufacturing; to delivery to the customer and onwards into in-service support.
What you will do as a Software (Configuration) Engineer
- Configuration Control new Software/Firmware
- Configuration Control of updates to existing Software/Firmware
- Configuration Control and Management of change requests for updates to existing Software/Firmware
- Preparing agenda, calling notice and chairing the CRB (Change Review Board)
- Collating the Change Impact assessments for CRB (Change Review Board)
- Support and advise the change initiator against checklist
- Managing the recording and distributing of software update documentation to/from external parties
- Continuous Improvement activities including the Software Configuration Processes
- Administration of System/Software Problem Reports
- Creation, preparation and distribution of regular reports to support internal and external project activities
- Maintenance of software library both historical and current
What we need from you
- HND qualified or equivalent experience preferred
- Familiarity with Databases, especially Product Data Management/Product Lifecycle Management Toolsets
- Knowledge of SQL (Software Query Language), HTML JAVA or basic scripting advantageous
- Confident use of the Microsoft Office suite of applications MS Word, Excel. Access advantageous
- Interest in engineering, science or computing
- Strong administration skills with an attention to detail
Experience in Software Configuration is preferable but not essential, as we would consider applicants with a Software background who would like to move into this Configuration role.
You must be eligible for full security clearance.
Life at Leonardo
With a company funded benefits package, a commitment to learning and development, and a flexible approach to working hours focused on the needs of both our employees and customers, a career with Leonardo has never offered as many opportunities or been more accessible to as many people.
- Flexible Working: Flexible hours with hybrid working options. For part time opportunities, please talk to us
- Company funded flexible benefits: Access to private healthcare, dental schemes, Workplace ISA, Go Green Car Scheme, technology and lifestyle options (£500 annual allowance)
- Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays, option to buy/sell leave and to accrue up to 12 additional flexi leave days per year
- Pension: Award winning pension scheme (up to 10% employer contribution)
- Wellbeing: Employee Assistance Programme with access to free mental health support, financial wellbeing support and network groups to demonstrate our ongoing commitment to diversity & inclusion (Enable, Pride, Equalize, Reservists, Carers)
- Lifestyle: Discounted Gym membership, Cycle to work scheme
- Training: Free access to more than 4000 online courses via Coursera
- Referral Incentive: You canearn a reward for successfully referring a friend or family member
- Bonus: Scheme in place for all employees at management level and below
For a full list of our Company benefits please visit our website.
Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Headquartered in Italy, Leonardo has over 45,000 employees, of which 8,000 are based at 8 sites throughout the UK.
At Leonardo UK, we believe that a diverse and inclusive work environment unlocks our people's full potential and drives innovation and creativity. We work hard to offer a welcoming, accessible and inclusive place to work for all of our people, creating a culture where everyone can thrive, feel safe and have a sense of belonging and connection.
This is a great opportunity to bring your talents and form an integral part of Leonardo's future. We can help you develop your skills and offer great opportunities to develop and grow, so why not join us ?