Find your future role
PCB Layout Engineer
|Contract 6 months
Our client is looking for a PCB Layout Engineer to join their team on an initial 6 month contract.
Key skills required for this role
PCB Design Engineer
Location: Stevenage (1-2 days per week on site)
Duration: 6 months initial contract
Due to the nature of the role, you must either hold active SC or be eligible to obtain.
The PCB Layout team are responsible for providing a full PCB Design Layout Service to all Internal Programs. These span all technologies from simple boards to complex multilayer, rigid/flexi-rigid, surface mount, impedance matched, RF etc.
This role involves providing full PCB Design Layouts from Electronic, Mechanical and Environmental requirements.
The PCB Layout Designer will provide a design service, which includes Library management, Technical support, component placement, signal routing, peer reviews and creation of final documentation. Ensuring designs and hardware are in accordance with requirements and conform to design rules and processes. It requires close collaboration with all stakeholders (Internal and External) from conception through to delivery of Hardware against agreed timescales to meet Project deliverables.
What we are looking for in you:
- Knowledge and experience of the design processes and best practices for PCB layout.
- An understanding of IPC standards for high reliability products.
- Knowledge and experience of PCB fabrication processes and technologies (materials, stack-ups etc.)
- Strong communication skills to facilitate regular face to face and electronic communications with all relevant stakeholders.
- Preferably knowledge of Zuken CR5000 or CR8000,