Find your future role
We are looking for a reliable and experienced Sheet Metal Fabricator to join a growing global team which is highly committed to our customers.
Key skills required for this role
Sheet Metal Fabrication
Understanding of engineering drawings & Sheet Metal Experience
Hamble Aerostructures, part of the Aernnova group of companies, are a leading aerostructures organisation specialising in the design, manufacturing and services of aerostructures and components such as wings, empennages and fuselage sections.
We are looking for a reliable and experienced sheet metal fabricator to join a growing global team which is highly committed to our customers.
A vacancy exists for a Skilled Fabricator within the sheet details department. The successful candidate will have experience in the bending, shaping and forming of sheet metallics and will have attained an NVQ level 3 / apprenticeship or equivalent qualification in Aeronautical or mechanical engineering. The skilled operator will transform metal into a deliverable aerospace component IAW customer technical drawing and specifications.
- EHS - Promote a safe workplace environment without risk to health and minimising the impact to the environment. Ensure that all Environmental, Health and Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and that all accidents and incidents are reported
- Clocking and Booking - Ensure that all required clocking's (time and attendance) and bookings (job costings) are made in an accurate and timely manner
- Housekeeping - Ensure that workstations are kept clean and maintained, with all tools and equipment stored correctly. Uphold a clear desk policy
- Quality - Ensure that all Quality standards, processes and procedures are complied with. All work is completed with care and attention minimising wastage
- Cost Management - Support cost reduction and management initiatives through reducing unnecessary expenditure
- Knowledge & Skills - Keep knowledge and training up to date for necessary operations to the best of your knowledge and belief to achieve specification and acceptable standards for your role. For example, Approved Operator (AO) stamp(s) to be kept up to date
- Team Working - Must actively participate in team meetings and be prepared to share knowledge, coach and mentor trainees when required, be willing to be trained in other areas.
- Any other reasonable duties that fall in line with the level of the role
Will include but is not limited to:
- Carry out hand / machine aided forming techniques to manufacture aerospace components as per customer drawings and specifications.
- The safe operation of stretch forming machines, mechanical & hand rolling machines and general sheet metal machinery.
- Read work instructions and part drawings (accessed via PC)
- Transform prepared metal into aerospace components utilising all tools and techniques to customer drawings and specification, from start to finish as laid out in the technical documentation (Routing).
- Must also be able to measure, cut, bend, and shape sheet metal to technical drawings.
- Fabrication knowledge of aluminium & stainless-steel shrinking, stretching, wheeling, stretch forming, fluid press forming & CNC press forming.
- Happy to work both independently and as part of the team as some jobs are more complicated and need 2 operators.
- Please note that this role will involve physical activity. Therefore, you must be capable of undertaking activities with appropriate assistance if required.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Experience with sheet metalwork and processes would be an advantage.
- Basic IT skills
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- A good level of numeracy and literacy skills.
- Understanding of engineering drawings.
- Proven ability to actively participate in a team culture.
- Understanding of different types of measurements (imperial/ metric)
- To be able to work with minimal supervision
- To adopt a positive and 'can do' attitude to problem solving.