Find your future role
Trainee Upholster -TC
Matchtech Recruitment have partnered with Sunseeker a manufacturer of Super yachts to help recruit experienced Trainee Upholsterers based in Poole.
Key skills required for this role
Upholstery, Textiles,.Marine, Soft Fuirnishing
Qualification in Upholstery or Textiles
On average an Upholsterer working for Sunseeker will earn between £34,000 - £37,000 on days.
Sunseeker International is a global icon in the manufacture of luxury motor yachts, building market leading products since 1967.
Based and manufactured in Poole and Portland on the south coast of England, Sunseeker is one of Dorset's largest private employers and is represented on every continent by a global distribution network. Never settling for second best, it's this spirit of excellence that has driven Sunseeker to its leading position in the marine industry today.
Who we are seeking?
Do you hold a recent qualification in Upholstery or Textiles?
Have you collated recent work experience within an Upholstery or Soft Furnishings environment?
At Sunseeker International, we are again looking to invest in our local community and future workforce by offering an informal training opportunity for aspiring Marine Upholsterers. If you hold recent experience or have gained relevant qualifications in textiles, upholstery, or soft furnishings, you could soon be joining our inspiring Upholstery department at Sunseeker Technology Centre, Tower Park, Poole.
You'll be based at Sunseeker Technology Centre at Tower Park in Poole, Dorset, learning and developing your skills across various upholstery work packages throughout our luxury cabins, modern kitchens, spacious bathrooms, and with unique upholstered items. Across your six-month informal training period, you will learn to;
- manufacture high quality, standard and bespoke internal and external upholstery - manufactured right first time to our precise company specifications
- template and cut various materials, including leather, vinyl, canvas, textiles and foams
- use power tools such as foam saws, drills, heat guns, steamers
- manage your workload and priorities to achieve team and individual targets for pace and productivity against our fast-paced production schedule
Our ideal candidate
- previous experience of completing projects within soft furnishings, textiles, or upholstery
- recent, completed qualifications within a relevant field (A-level or above)
- an ability to interpret technical drawings/sketches and convert these into finished products
- a coachable and engaged attitude, driven by the desire to learn and progress
Our working patterns
- Day Shift | Monday-Friday, 07:00-15:30
- Weekend overtime is widely available.
£10.80 increasing to £13.20p/h
Overtime is widely available and paid at an increased pay rate. Hours over the basic 40 hour working week will be paid at time and a half Monday - Saturday or Double pay for Sundays and bank holidays.
You will also be entitled to 30-day holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
Sunseeker have 2 shipyard shut downs, one in August and the other over Christmas.