Find your future role
Due to expansion our clien is currently seeking an experienced SHEQ professional to join their team as a SHEQ Manager. Kent / SE London base with sites across the southeast.
Key skills required for this role
sheq, health and safety, health & safety, H&S, HSEQ, manager
SHEQ Manager, engineering, construction, manufacturing experience
We are looking for candidates who have a background in construction or engineering. You will be working closely with multiple divisions including Term Maintenance and Surfacing to drive improvements establishing and maintaining safe systems of work and a safe environment for colleagues and customers.
This is a full-time permanent role based from their head office.
Travel to various sites across the South East will be an essential requirement of this position.
The duties of the SHEQ Manager role will include:
- Driving and supporting the Big Ten in 10 HS Strategy The Big Ten in 10 (cld.bz)
- Thinking about health and safety differently utilising innovation and risk management techniques to ensure employees are able to 'Fail and Learn Safely'
- Developing and maintaining the IMS relating to safety, health, environment and quality
- Monitoring the implementation of the Company's SHEQ policies, drawing any concerns to the attention of the Head of SHEQ
- Providing guidance, support and leadership to both operational management and SHEQ staff
- Undertaking site safety tours, inspections, accident investigations, chairing engagement forums and audits on a regular basis
- Working with managers and staff to ensure risk assessments and safe systems of work are prepared and reviewed as necessary
What skills and experience do you need?
They are looking for a NEBOSH qualified, SHEQ Manager holding chartered or equivalent professional status with a background in either construction or engineering. This role will require excellent communication skills, strong business ethics and experience developing and reviewing action plans. The role will involve travel to different depots and sites therefore you must hold a full UK driving licence.