Find your future role
Geotechnical Engineer - Norwich - Site Investigation
My client in Norwich are looking for Geotechnical Engineer's to work on site based schemes in the East and South-East of the UK. Ideally the right candidate will have 3-5 years experience with Logging, Rig Supervision and Trial Pitting.
Key skills required for this role
Site Investigation, Logging, Rig Supervision, Trial Pitting
Geotechnical Engineer, Site Investigation
- Managing ground investigation contracts ensuring site works, monitoring, lab testing and reporting
- meets our obligations safely, to the correct quality and agreed timescale.
- Overseeing the output of Graduate/Site Engineers.
- Client liaison.
- Site works: Overseeing the delivery of site drilling and testing works ensuring performance meets with
- our time, quality and safety standards.
- Logging to BS5930 (on site and in lab).
- Site works: Ensure the implementation of group/business safety procedures are in place and recording of
- site-based non-conformances and identifying areas for improvement.
- Site works: Support the management of field engineering activities to ensure investigative data is
- obtained in accordance with the good practice and in line with our project obligations.
- Site works: Ensure samples are organised and labelled appropriately to support efficient flow of samples
- into the lab (where appropriate - set and check environmental and geotechnical lab testing schedules).
- Lab support: When workload dictates, support lab/construction validation testing activities.
- Reporting: Undertake 1st stage checking and validation of factual and interpretive ground investigation
- reports (gain sign off from Geo-environmental Director for interpretative output).
Minimum Academic Qualifications: Degree in geotechnical/civil engineering.
Minimum Years' Experience: +3 years post graduate.
Minimum Geo-environmental Experience: +3 years site works and + 2 years reporting.
Professional Qualifications: Progression towards membership of professional body.
Dress Code: As appropriate when on site/yard and in office.
Strong teamworking capabilities and ability to work