Find your future role
Quality Inspectors - Goods Inwards
The Quality Inspector is an integral member of the Quality Team. They are responsible for monitoring and validating the Quality of Parts and/or Assemblies and to provide specialist inspection capability across business functions.
Key skills required for this role
AS9102 ,FAIR ,Quality Inspector
This is a full time permanent position based in Wimborne Dorset, working a 37hour week
There has never been a more exciting time to join our Mission Systems Division. Eaton MSD are the world's leading provider of hose and drogue Air-to-Air Refuelling (AAR) and Actuation systems working directly with aircraft manufacturers such as Boeing, Airbus and Embraer to develop systems that achieve their operations in challenging environments, safely and successfully.
We proactively support the development of our people and following our recent move into the Eaton family we are able to offer enhanced learning and development opportunities. This ranges from technical training, experiences, leadership, and management to help you achieve your long term career aspirations.
- Inspect partially and fully completed Assemblies to Engineering requirements.
- Conduct Patrol Inspection of random stages to ensure compliance to drawing and process.
- Provide ad-hoc business support against specific demand for Inspection/measurement of product where required
- Liaise with Manufacturing staff to help resolve queries when required
- Review completed supplier generated FAI's and Grade 1 part control plans and amend MRP and Visual FAIR systems accordingly
- Compile FAIR's for internal assembly work to provide evidence of conformity of process and product. Perform sample product audits of Ship to Stock parts
- Support the internal Calibration programme for measurement equipment
Qualifications / Skills Required:
- Familiar with general inspection techniques and their appropriate selection. Knowledge of assembly inspection
- Familiar with AS9102 FAIR requirements
- Ability to read and interrogate engineering drawings including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Familiar with general non conformance processes
- Attention to Detail
This role will be full time Monday to Friday. You will receive a competitive graduate salary, as well as other benefits including:
- Support working towards your chartership
- An annual membership for a relevant institution will be reimbursed
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus scheme
- Pension with employee contribution up to 5% and Company contributions up to 8% of salary
- Funding towards health care plan
- Access to flexible benefits including health care, buying / selling holiday
- Access to salary sacrifice scheme for electric cars for personal use
- 3 x life insurance
Join our Quality Inspection team and see how far your career could progress with a company committed to career progression, training and development opportunities, our customers, innovation, and sustainability.
Eaton MSD is based in Wimborne, close to Bournemouth and Poole, on the south coast. Many of our employees live close to Bournemouth (with sandy beaches, shops and lively nightlife), or within the Isle of Purbeck or New Forest that have picturesque views and plenty of outdoor activities.
On site, we have our offices, assembly line and test facilities (Air to air refuelling and hose contact rig, weapons release test house, and Hardware-in-Loop capabilities ).
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. You will need to provide evidence of eligibility (e.g. a passport or long birth certificate and proof of NI). This role will be subject to baseline security clearance and ITAR restrictions as part of the recruitment process. If you do not meet these criteria, your application will not be considered.