Find your future role
The Lakeside facility is a global supplier of high quality, conveyance components and systems for the aerospace and defense industry.
Key skills required for this role
NDT Technician, Testing
This is a full time permanent position working 37 hours a week for Eaton Lakeside in Redditch
The role of the NDT Technician will be to undertake NDT Processes. This may involve one or a combination of the following, Visual weld inspection, Penetrant and Radiographic inspection.The role will eventually include authority and responsibility for determining acceptance of product to relevant standards and ensuring all relevant safety and process control checks are carried out.
Your Key Responsibilities will be:
- Visual inspection of Welds.
- Work directly with the weld team to improve weld process and correct deficiencies.
- Learn to process parts through Penetrant inspection process and eventually after training sentence parts.
- Learn to operate X ray machine in accordance with techniques under supervision and eventually after training to sentence parts.
- Work on own initiatives and resolve any issues or problems to company specific procedures
- To ensure safe working to comply with H & S standards
- Assist in preparation for Customer visits, preparation of visit reports and prompt follow-up of resulting actions
- Adopting and deploying EATON LEAN systems using the prescribed ELSS tools
- Attend relevant reviews and meetings
- Ensure quality levels are maintained to Eaton standards.
- Process control and variation reduction within processes
- Cost reduction initiatives.
- Work with EATON toolbox
- Set-up reduction.
- Error proofing
- Knowledge of Welding process essential
- Knowledge of NDT processes advantageous
- Knowledge of Special processes preferred
- Knowledge of inspection and Proven attention to detail.
- Demonstrated logical thinking
- Demonstrable ability / experience of working to procedures
- Experience of working in a similarly physically demanding environment
- Training will be provided on all aspects of the role