Find your future role
|South Yorkshire, England
📍 Location: Yorkshire Water
💼 Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 + package
Key skills required for this role
Commissioning Engineer, M&E Commissioning
What you will be doing
- You will plan alongside the Commissioning Manager, co-ordinate and carry out on-site commissioning activities that will deliver exceptional commissioning performance across the framework.
- You will initially work with the Commissioning Manager and other subject experts to formulate a detailed and timed Commissioning Delivery Plan incorporating our specific requirements. The plan will be regularly updated and will provide the basis for performance monitoring.
- You will ensure that commissioning requirements are considered from the earliest stages of project delivery, implementing our "starting with the end in mind" philosophy to provide reliable, efficient and successful process commissioning outcomes which delight Yorkshire Water Operations.
- Contribute to a positive team culture and environment on your projects to support improved well-being and performance.
- Conduct pre-commissioning checks and testing to ensure that all systems are functioning as required.
- Attending design review meetings.
- Providing Risk Assessments for commissioning activities
- Supervise Electrical Installations during the construction phase, ensuring the current BS7671 Regulations are adhered to.
- Commissioning of Mechanical and Electrical plant.
What we will need from you
- You'll have experience on a wide range of water processes, mainly within the UK water industry, and an understanding of the theory behind their operation.
- Experience of commissioning dosing systems.
- Commercially astute.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organisational skills who can multi-task and consistently meet challenging deadlines.
- Programme focused with an ability to plan and organise both off and on site to deliver on time and in full.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a range of people.
- Full Driving licence essential.
- IT literacy essential.
- Professional qualification is desirable.
- EUSR water Hygiene Card is desirable
- SMSTS and CSCS card is desirable
- Level 3 Award in Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671 (18th Edition) is desirable.
- Time served apprenticeship essential.
- Knowledge of control panels, cable sizing/calculations and instrumentation is essential.
Please note we do not have a licence for sponsorship
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Car allowance
- 26 days annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell up to 3 days holiday)
- Private medical insurance for yourself (with the option to buy family cover)
- Life Assurance
- Defined contribution pension scheme matched up to 8%
- 2 days volunteering opportunities
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional membership fees
- Flexible Benefits scheme which includes the opportunity to purchase benefits such as:
- Critical illness insurance (with option to purchase for your partner)
- Dental Insurance
- Travel insurance
- Bike to work scheme
- Retail vouchers/payroll giving/activity pass for top leisure attractions
We look forward to receiving your application!