Find your future role
Principal Rail Structures Engineer
Our client is an award-winning consultancy, working across numerous sectors and countries to deliver designs in Civils, Structures and Geotechnical Environements. They are looking to strengthen their Stonehouse, Gloucester team with the role below.
Key skills required for this role
Bridge, Rail, Structures
Design, Rail, Structures, Bridges
The ideal candidate must be willing to help develop the capability of our Stonehouse office.
- Minimum of five years' experience post-graduation in civil engineering design
- Minimum of five years' experience in the design of civils infrastructure in a rail environment including the application of Network Rail (NR) standards where appropriate, element design and detailing to Eurocodes in a NR environment
- Minimum of three years' experience in the design of bridges (including loading to Eurocodes, element design and detailing to Eurocodes)
- Experience of co-ordinating and delivering designs for rail and broad civil engineering projects
- Experience of bridge loading to Eurocodes
- Experience of steel and concrete design to Eurocodes
- Experience in computer software for the analysis of structures
- Production of design deliverables - packages of drawings, specifications, etc. and supervision of engineers and BIM/CAD technicians
- Ideally experience of composite steel/ concrete, masonry, geotechnical and timber design to Eurocodes
- Ideally experience in finite element software for the analysis of structures
- Ideally designated CRE for civils for NR projects
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to work on own and within a team to meet project, client, company and personal objectives
- Ability to mentor junior engineers and develop their technical abilities
- A challenging attitude to the solution of engineering problems in order to achieve cost effective designs and develop innovative solutions
- Awareness of the importance of costs and the need to complete projects on time and to budget
- Willingness to seek advice when unsure of how to tackle problems
- Chartered Civil Engineer (CEng MICE or MIStructE)
Why Work here?
We are an engineering consultancy renowned for delivering complex and innovative design solutions to the global construction industry. Our people make our business a success and so we invest in your development and well-being providing an environment that supports you at whatever career level you are at.
We believe that there is more to a job than work. We encourage a healthy work/life balance through a wide range of social activity groups. They're great fun and a chance to expand your professional and social networks. We also offer the opportunity of a hybrid work model where you can split your working week between the office and your home.