Find your future role
Senior Cyber security Engineer (Birmingham)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Cyber Security Engineer to work with a client of ours who is using cutting edge technology and rolling it out on a national scale. Ability to obtain SC clearance is required.
Key skills required for this role
Senior Cyber Security Engineer - Birmingham - Incident - Alerts - Compliance
Senior Cyber Security Engineer - Birmingham - Hybrid - Circa £65,000 - SC cleared
Senior Cyber Security Engineer
Birmingham - Hybrid (2 days per week in the office)
Salary circa £65,000 (Depending on experience)
Must be able to obtain SC clearance
About the Role
Successful candidates will have a unique experience working on or supporting the latest ground-breaking cyber security and networking technologies on a national and international scale.
The position involves taking a lead role in supporting the development and implementation of secure systems within complex digital and scientific environments throughout their development and program lifecycle. You'll be responsible for designing, building, and supporting information security systems. In addition to this you'll need to provide advice, instruction, and guidance to staff and projects, and to drive the use of best practices within projects.
You'll be responsible for supporting and building information security systems. In addition to this you'll need to provide advice, instruction, and guidance to staff and projects, and to drive the use of best practices within projects.
- Reviewing and actioning Security Alerts and Monitoring.
- Investigating Security Incidents.
- Working with colleagues responsible for IT Infrastructure and Applications to support the secure implementation and operation of IT services
- Working to implement IT security policies and standards.
- Ensure Cyber Essentials Plus standards are maintained.
- Working with Engineering, Infrastructure and Architecture colleagues to support the delivery of research and customer projects.
- Monitoring the security compliance levels of infrastructure.
- Helping providing security training to colleagues.
- Ensuring the correct maintenance of the secure environments.
- Knowledge of best practice within information security.
- Exposure to any of the following:
- Experience of infrastructure server management e.g. DNS, Active Directory, virtualised platforms.
- Ability to balance risk against other requirements such as usability, agility, and cost.
- Stakeholder engagement and management skills.
- Audit event recording and analysis.
- Experience of securing a multi-site IT environment and hybrid / remote mobile devices and computers.