Find your future role
Low Carbon Engineer
Our client, a leading global Aerospace manufacturing business are looking for a Low Carbon Engineer to lead on the implementation of low carbon projects at their busy manufacturing site based in Burnley.
Key skills required for this role
Electrical Engineer/Mechanical Engineer/Carbon Reduction/Energy/Facilities/ Sustainability/Green job
Good engineering knowledge preferably in an electrical discipline
Our client, a leading global Aerospace manufacturing business oversee the design, development and manufacturing of nacelles for a range of aircrafts. Their UK site in Burnley is also a worldwide centre of excellence for business jet nacelles, which have been designed and manufactured there for nearly 20 years. Their employees are at the heart of our success, as we work together for our sustainable future.
Our client is a leader in the worldwide nacelle market for aircraft engines. Through their unrivalled technological expertise, they integrate nacelle components to optimise the performance of aircraft propulsion systems. They continually strive to make their products lighter, quieter, smarter and easier to maintain.
What will I be doing?
- Supporting the facilities team in the implementation of Low Carbon projects across a busy manufacturing site.
- Mobilisation of a site wide energy management software network.
- Study and role implementation of a BMS system to support energy reduction.
- Running small discrete low carbon projects.
- Collecting and analysing data to monitor before and after results.
- 95% of your time will be site based but some occasional travel to exhibitions and suppliers will be required.
Candidate skills & requirements
- BEng or Masters graduate in an engineering discipline (Masters preferred).
- Excellent data manipulation skills.
- Passion for the low carbon NetZero topic.
- Intermediate MS Office skills.
- Ability to write and present findings.
- Good interpersonal skills working within a team and controlling contractors.
- Flexible in terms of working times.
- Good knowledge of Power usage and principles.
- Can do attitude with ability to drive through to a tangible solution.
- Ability to run and manage a project.
- Good report writing skills.
As a valued member of our team, these are just a few of the benefits you'll receive:
- Half day Friday or no Fridays dependent on department.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 UK Bank holidays with additional holidays for service after 10 years.
- Up to 10% Employer Pension Contribution.
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme with up to one week additional leave available to purchase.
- Corporate Gym Memberships at Crow Wood.
- Access to our employee Wellbeing package.
- Safran Share Purchase Scheme.
- Capped Hot Meals at £3.00 at on-site canteen.