Find your future role
Lead Systems Engineer
Want to join a company with over 30 years of experience in designing, manufacturing and delivering highly bespoke simulator solutions?
Key skills required for this role
Systems Engineer, DOORS, Lead
Systems Engineer, DOORS, Lead
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance *minimum 5 years UK residency*
Working: Possible Flexible and hybrid working.
❓ Want to join a company with over 30 years of experience in designing, manufacturing and delivering highly bespoke simulator solutions?
🏆 Join a reputable business who, have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
❤ Join a team at an exciting time, at the start of re-defining their systems, with the opportunity to influence and shape the product!
❗ As Lead Systems Engineer, you will be part of the largest project that specialist RF have worked on to date!
❓Would you like the opportunity to take ownership, and make the Systems Engineering strategy you own? Here is an opportunity to shape & and develop the systems engineering work business wide!
The Lead Systems Engineer will be responsible for project delivery, managing and deriving requirements, generating engineering documents/specifications, and supporting early development of requirements test plans.
The Lead Systems Engineer will also support the bid team with architecture development during bid/capture of new opportunities. Support, develop, and maintain engineering processes to meet business needs.
- Management of customer requirements, and storing this information within the requirements management system, to ensure that design documentation and customer requirements are aligned.
- Generate internal system requirements from high level customer requirements to ensure product development is suitably specified.
- Work with engineering function to development high level system design documents (SDS & ICD).
- Work with Product Leads to support our bid process.
- Represent the Systems function at all design reviews (internal and external) to provide technical expertise and guidance on best practice.
- Contribute to design reviews and present material in specialist areas.
- Support the engineering function by raising risks and issues and proposing solutions.
- Adopts best practice and fosters innovation to support business needs.
- Ensures that all work within the function is of sufficient quality and is carried out according to process.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Full understanding of the system engineering lifecycle and V-model.
- Extensive use of engineering management tools (e.g., DOORS, JAMA)
- Experienced in Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) and tools (UML, SysML, Rhapsody, Sparx EA, Visio)
- Ability to clearly articulate design intent using Design Documents, block diagrams, flow diagrams and system level schematics.
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous
- Presentation skills and detailed technical knowledge to explain system engineering concepts to a wide technical audience.
- Skill in creating a system design to provide optimal solutions by appropriately allocating functionality between hardware, firmware and software based on experience within one or more of these fields.
- Experience of specifying system requirements for complex systems utilising FPGA design.
- Experience within Electronic Warfare (EW), Electronic Countermeasures (ECM), Electromagnetic Spectrum, or Radar domains would be desirable
- Experience of system safety would be desirable
For full information, please get in touch!