Find your future role
PMO Leader / Project Controls Manager
Leading independent cost and project management consultancy at the forefront of the infrastructure industry seeks to employ PMO Leaders/Project Controls Manager.
Key skills required for this role
PMO Transformation, PMO Development, Project Controls
Cost Engineer / Project Controls Engineer
Leading independent cost and project management consultancy at the forefront of the infrastructure industry seeks to employ PMO Leaders/Project Controls Manager. Their commitment to staff development and community support is exemplified by their donation of £7.5 million to local charities over the past couple of years.
As they continue to grow, they are seeking proactive and passionate PMO Leader / Project Controls Management professionals to join our expanding team in London. If you thrive in an environment that values its employees and provides opportunities to work alongside the industry's most respected and highly trained professionals, this is the opportunity for you!
As a PMO Leader / Project Controls Manager, you will collaborate closely with senior Directors in developing and implementing innovative, market-leading PMO services for clients in the infrastructure markets. This role involves working with clients to understand their project control needs, tailoring service offerings accordingly, and ensuring the successful delivery of these services.
- Work closely with the Director to develop and implement a market-leading PMO service offering.
- Build trusted partnerships with clients, understanding their project control needs, and developing tailored service offerings.
- Define and deliver reporting metrics to provide transparency on program progress, risks, and opportunities.
- Oversee program governance and key governance forums, including secretarial duties.
- Make recommendations on necessary program investments, such as additional resourcing or new software.
- Collaborate with client project managers, ensuring best practices are followed and providing mentoring.
- Ensure a robust project close-out process and facilitate lessons learned workshops.
- Work closely with the Director on day-to-day activities and escalate matters as required.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and implement these opportunities in consultation with the Director and clients.
- Establish methods to track benefits realization of the PMO service offering.
- Align PMO material with the strategic vision of both the company and the client.
- Proven exposure to PMO functions in Projects, Programmes & Portfolios environment, ideally within highly regulated industries such as water, energy, nuclear, etc.
- Experience in setting up and/or managing a PMO function for complex programs.
- Experience working within Agile and Waterfall-based delivery programs/projects.
- Familiarity with relevant Project Management/Project Dashboard Reporting tools and software such as MS Project, JIRA, PowerBI, SmartSheet, etc.
- Cost Management or Primavera P6 planning experience.
- Clear communicator with effective negotiation, networking, and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills, planning, and proactive time management skills.
- A self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and transferring skills and experience to new situations.
In return, you will be offered an attractive starting salary accompanied by an excellent benefits package.
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive and passionate professional with the desired experience, eager to contribute to market-leading PMO services, then applying is easy, contact Oli Behrendt for more info or just simply apply online.