Find your future role
|Contract 3 Months+
Matchtech are excited to be working alongside a major highways contractor in Ipswich, and as result we have a live opportunity for an experienced Scheduler.
Key skills required for this role
Project Scheduler - Ipswich
- Prepare Highway Maintenance programmes in conjunction with the Lead Scheduler and Depot Supervisors
- Ensure all works are planned and coordinated and identify efficiency savings where appropriate
- Liaise with the delivery teams to update programmes with progress
- Create and continually update all Streetworks Permitting information to support the programmes.
- Challenge the detail and timing of the works programmes where necessary with the Delivery Team
- Ensure collaboration across the entire business, maximise best use of resources to deliver commercial benefit and efficiencies.
- Work with the Depot delivery teams to ensure the works programmes remain accurate and up to date
- Maximise productivity through effective programming whilst ensuring we meet contractual response times.
- Escalate any programme delays to the Highway Maintenance manager to ensure we minimise any issues with the timing or quality of delivery
- General assistance to the Lead Scheduler
- Provide technical support for mobile solution used by the gangs (Causeway)
- Provide administration duties as required within the team
- Take Emergency Phones calls from Residents and Engineers and dealing with accordingly
Skills & Experience
- Good general IT skills are essential, and ideally, you'll be proficient in Microsoft suite of programmes
- Experience in effective programming of construction or maintenance works, preferably in the highway maintenance industry
- Great team working skills, the ability to collaborate well with others and develop excellent relationships with contacts at all levels - from the client to colleagues and contacts across the wider Group.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written - to ensure clarity in all situations and to effectively influence client decision-making
- Understanding of the Traffic Management Act (Streetworks Noticing / Permitting).